Mid-Year Reports Required?

<p>So, we can’t find this answer on the website. It’s not listed on the Steps to Admission. It’s not on the myBama pages. So far, we’ve taken it to mean that mid-year reports must not be required at Bama. Are mid-year reports required? Suggested? Son’s already been accepted, btw. (but other schools that have accepted him still require the report)</p>

<p>I was going to inquire as well. I think S’s schools send them everywhere automatically. I was going to tell them not to send them to 'bama because they weren’t needed. But S says he had an excellent semester, so I don’t think it can hurt and on the off chance it might make him mpre competitive for a dept scholarship…</p>

<p>AFAIK, UA does not require midyear reports. By the time midyear scores would be in from all applicants in (mid to late February), there wouldn’t be much time to make scholarship decisions, since those are [usually] sent out in March.</p>

<p>The instructions for freshmen applying to UA state that the most recent high school transcript (at the time of application) is required. That’s all. We did not submit a mid-year transcript for admission last year.</p>

<p>However, if in doubt, please contact the admissions office for clarification:</p>

<p>The University of Alabama
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Box 870132
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132</p>

<p>TELEPHONE</p>

<p>Local: (205) 348-5666
Toll Free: 1-800-933-BAMA (2262)</p>

<p>No need for a mid-year transcript if you’ve already been admitted. You will to send your final transcript in the summer.</p>