Middlebury College Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

I had very similar stats (did not submit testing) and I was admitted ED2. As long as course rigor and grades are there, you should have a good chance.

1 Like

Was she a recruited athlete at any of her schools?

Did she submit that 31?

No. She pursued other schools.

Yes, she submitted the 31. Her advisor said it was better to submit than not. She rationalized that D scored high in two components and could showcase academic abilities through course rigor, AP test scores and GPA. Perhaps not the right approach. I guess we’ll see.

I’m surprised her advisor told her to submit an ACT score that’s below the 25th percentile for last year’s class. I hope she gets good news!

My D22 reached out to the admissions officer in our area to ask if her 1470 would help or hurt her admissions chances. The Middlebury rep encouraged her to submit it so she did.

3 Likes

For last year’s entering class, the 25th-75th percentiles for SATs were 1420-1470, placing your daughter at the 75th percentile. So it makes sense that she submitted. The 25th-75th percentiles for ACT were 32-34.

2 Likes

As one official example among liberal arts colleges, Colgate has reported receiving over 21,000 applications!

1 Like

Question about alumni interviews. How do they factor into the admission process? How much weight do they hold? Thanks in advance!

Based on Middlebury CDS, interviews are “considered” but not “very important” or “important”. See section C7 of CDS below.

They want to know you as a person through the alum interview, also provide you an opportunity to ask questions that you care about. As long as you are engaged in the interview and don’t come across as having no clue about Midd, it will not make or break your application.

https://www.middlebury.edu/system/files/media/CDS_2020-2021_2.pdf

Thank you! Insight much appreciated!

From what I know: if you submitted the scores, they will be looked at. However, if you applied test optional then it’s all about gpa, extracurricular activities and the essay.

Does anyone have any ideas as to when RD decisions will come out? I was deferred ED 1 and midd is still my top choice so I’m anxiously waiting that decision day.

March 26th at 8am.

2 Likes

I think there is no essay. might be wrong.

The Common App has an essay. There’s no supplemental essay.

There are Midd interviewers’ guides you can find online and they have interview questions and example write-ups from alumni interviews. The interviewer scores the candidate from 1-7 and there are examples of write-ups based on different scores with analysis so it gives you a sense of what interviews went well, etc. Interesting stuff and very helpful for preparation!

It has changed. The interviewers now score 1,2, or 3.

1 Like

Oh, thanks! I think the guide we saw was at least 8 years ago but I will say the questions were the same!