Middlebury College Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

What’s your source on this?

It’s on their portal

1 Like

It’s been stated in the portal for a while.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m posting my stats and info to hopefully get others opinions about the possibility of getting accepted to Middlebury. With decisions coming out on Saturday, I’ve definitely been sleep deprived and mentally drained, so my apologies if there is a spelling mistake or two. :))

Basic Information:

• Low Income and First Generation
  • Located in central Pennsylvania

GPA and Test Scores:

• 4.0 (HS scoring) & - mix between 3.75-3.8 (W) depending on the college GPA calculator
  • Applying Test Optional for SAT/ACT
  • Took AP Lang, AP Lit, AP Gov, and AP World (tests are not until May) and Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, and Honors Anatomy
  • My HS does not offer a lot of Honors/AP courses so the ones mentioned beforehand were all I could take.

Extracurriculars:

(Sports)

• Track and Field: MVP for junior season and most likely to get it again this year. Varsity athlete all four years.
  • Cross Country: Ran for fun senior year.

(Clubs)

• Newspaper Club: 4x member and 3x President & Editor in Chief
  • FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America): 3x member and 3x President
  • Student Senate: 1x member and 1x President
  • Debate Team: Founded the club senior year.
  • Student Council: 2x member

(Job/Work Experience)

• Farm Help: I have lived on a 300+ acre farm for my entire life.
  • Internship: I was accepted for an internship to study how teachers interact with students at my local Middle School.
  • Independent Career Study: I was accepted into a independent study program with one of my literature teachers to focus on expanding my poetry and creative writing abilities. We work one on one.
  • After School Tutor: I was requested to be an after school tutor for high school students. I put several months into this activity both paid and unpaid.

Awards and Recognitions:

• #1 place in local creative writing contest (countywide) for a personal essay
  • #1 place for public speaking in regionals for FBLA
  • Honors and Distinguished Honors throughout all of HS
  • AP gov teachers nominated one other student and I to have a group chat with a PA Senator next month. I don’t particularly know how “prestigious” this is but I’d thought I’d mention it.

Interview and Letters of Recommendations:

• My interview went PHENOMENAL! When my GC sent her an email regarding a question she had, the interviewer mentioned that in her report she requested to be contacted if I wasn’t accepted and with and explanation as to why. The interviewer also had a position in the Alumni Admissions Program but I am unsure of what the program does and if it affects applicant admissions.
  • Both of my teachers who I picked for my LOR have knows me all four years and can definitely represent me perfectly. One was a literature/creative writing teacher I had and the other was my Biology Honors teacher.

Other notes:

• I was contacted last week about submitting more financial aid information, seems weird that the school would want more when decisions come out Saturday?

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Please let me know what you think!

I can’t chance you, but congrats on your achievements. Financial aid works separately from admissions, so that is not an indication of your admission decision. Did they request more documentation re: the farm? FA packages for families who own farms can be complicated.

Hopefully you have some affordable acceptances already. Middlebury decisions will be here soon, good luck!

You seem like a wonderful candidate, but colleges will build classes in a way that makes it tough for anyone to predict with a few individual stats. You sound like a real go-getter who will do well wherever you go!

While FA is separate, I would think that they do not complete packages for all applicants – that would be too time intensive! It may be a good thing if the FA office has questions about docs you submitted and is contacting personally, but if it is an idoc request just to complete the portfolio of supporting documents, that is standard for everyone.

We are nervous and hopeful here too. All the best!

Admissions seem to be a very unpredictable process. Your stats look good to me but I’ve seen people with similar stats where one gets in and one doesn’t. So I really can’t say. I think you have a good chance. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

12 hours, here we go

2 Likes

why is this thread silent

Decisions are out. Wait listed

Decisions are out! Good luck to all!

1 Like

West coast. DD sleeping.
I can’t sleep

2 Likes

i got in…what

6 Likes

rejected

1 Like

I’m sorry.

Update: I GOT INNNNN

6 Likes

Also waitlisted.

Waitlist

Son was admitted. Letter has a p.s. that says “Please note that your admission is provisional until we receive your end-of-year transcript. We expect that, for the remainder of your senior year, you will maintain at least the same impressive level of performance and engagement that you have shown up until now.”

Does anyone else’s letter say this?

Thanks,

Congrats!