Middlebury College Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Looks like on campus tours for admitted students and some virtual admitted student events.

https://www.middlebury.edu/college/admissions/admitted/admissions-events

3 Likes

This question is probably doesnā€™t relate to Midd, but I want to fly there for an in-person tour and wondering do I need a passport for domestic flight? Can I just fly with my student ID?

Are you a US student? Generally, students can fly with their school ID or driverā€™s license unaccompanied. Of course, a passport is always acceptable form of ID.

1 Like

If you are 18 or over yet, I donā€™t know if they are more stringent in their requirements. My son is 17 and still traveling with student ID or license everywhere he goes. I would check with the airline.

1 Like

Yea, I am in California. Thank you!

I am still under 18 (turning 18 in late April), so the security at the airport accepts student ID? I donā€™t have my driverā€™s license yet.

18 and older are considered adult. TSA accepts a list of identifications but student ID is not one of them:

17 and under travel alone can use student ID.
Do you have a learnerā€™s permit? It is the same as driverā€™s license as your ID.

2 Likes

I am traveling there from California too. I think most airlines accept 16-17 traveling alone, and if you call in to middlebury inn they can let you check in by yourself as a minor, as long as you have parental approval

Our ED letter said the same thing

13,000 applicants

Just got off the Middlebury Admitted Students call. 13,000 applications! I think they said they expect about 670 kids to come in Fall/Winter. Offered acceptance to 50% people of color and 30% first generation. I assume some in those groups overlap.

If you did not get admitted, please do not be discouraged. Sometimes itā€™s simply a matter of not checking a box they needed. You are probably more than qualified to be a student at Middlebury but they simply ran out of spots.

1 Like

CORRECTION:
Expect 640 students in Fall and 120 in February

Any idea of # accepted? Or this yearā€™s acceptance rate?

How did you know about this event? Iā€™m just wondering if Iā€™m missing some emails.

The email went to my sonā€™s email which I happened to seeā€¦13,000 applications, 438 ED accepted 1502 regular decision accepted so I think that is 14.9% acceptance

5 Likes

I understood it to be 1500 total acceptances.

1 Like

Its always possible I misheard the numbers:). If 1500 total, that is even more competitive!!!

Is that a bigger class than usual?

I do not know.

Numbers admitted in previous years: (from the common data sets)

2020-2021: 11,906 applied, 1601 admitted, 680 enrolled, 1742 offered a spot on the waiting list, 2 accepted off of waitlist

2019-2020: 9174 applied, 2022 admitted, 602 enrolled, 1338 offered a spot on the waiting list, 104 accepted off of waiting list

2018-2019: 9754 applied, 1498 admitted, 605 enrolled, 1576 offered a spot on the waiting list, 111 accepted off of waiting list

3 Likes