Middlebury College Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Interesting. I thought last year’s class was a bit bigger than desired so this year they would aim for smaller but it appears not.

I hope they don’t over enroll again.

1 Like

Middlebury published Class of 2026 admission stats:

To summarize:

Total Applicants RD Admits Early Admits Total Admits Exp. 26 Enrollment Exp. 26.5 Enrollment Exp. Total Enrollment
13,028 1,502 438 1,940 640 120 760
Admission Rate 11.93% NA 14.89%
Yield 39.18%
Draw 2.63
1 Like

Your CDS citations are off by one year, so the 11,906 applied was from 2021-22 CDS (class of 2025), and so on down the line.

1 Like

2 - like two - off the waitlist last year (2020-2021?) bc of over enrollment? Yikes!

I’m glad to have this info to pass on to my daughter. She was waitlisted and was pondering her options (also waitlisted at Brown and Wesleyan, accepted at WashU, Vassar, and University of Rochester). Thank you for passing on the stats. I hope she falls in love with an acceptance, but I want her to realistically see these WLs as highly unlikely.

Wesleyan also had very large over enrollment.

What I see in the Common Data Set for Brown is that they don’t give the number of how many people were put on the waiting list. This year’s Common Data Set isn’t available yet, but for the prior year they admitted 194 off the waiting list. For this year, Wesleyan offered 3585 a spot on the waiting list and admitted 10 people off the waiting list. It really depends on the school whether the WL moves much. Check the common data sets.

Thanks - I appreciate it! There’s been so much surprise in this year - not sure what the waiting could brings but at least we’d be informed. Still - she has some great options so I hope she falls in love with one and looks forward! We could all use this behind us! (She says from a hotel room while going to two Admit days in a row in NY this weekend! Exhausting!) :joy:

With respect to its recent acceptance rate, Middlebury has been added to this list:

1 Like

Getting off the waitlist from any LACs will be harder than bigger universities. Most LACs have more than 50% of enrollment from EDs and even smaller numbers of enrollment from RD round than their overall class size makes you believe. Another factor is that there are just fewer numbers of similar caliber LACs than universities so the chance of slots opening up for waitlist will be smaller.

Have you contacted admission to discuss the waitlist? Active engagement will help.

1 Like

You may know this already, and I think she does really like Brown, but you need to be prepared to make the decision within 24hrs.

You may not put a second deposit down while you reevaluate the options.

Schools will call to check if you are still interested. The only correct answer is “100% - I will absolutely enroll if accepted!” Even if you need to think about it.

There was a kid at the Chicago thread a year or two ago who got a call and said “I will absolutely consider it. Chicago is one of my top choices.” Unsurprisingly, he was not offered a spot. Yield management does not end in April.

2 Likes