Midtown Village business statuses?

<p>Since we haven’t been back in Tuscaloosa since a few days after the tornadoes, I’m wondering about the status of those couple of business in that little strip of Midtown Village, namely Chipotles, Starbucks, Yogurt Mountain, etc. I’ve heard y’all say that obviously Krispy Kreme isn’t reopening anytime soon, but I’m curious about those stores that hadn’t taken a direct hit.</p>

<p>Any insights?
Thanks!</p>

<p>I was in Chipotle’s this last weekend. Starbucks and YoMo looked fine, too.</p>

<p>I heard a rumor that KK will be opening in another location, but I don’t know if that’s true.</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK. Last time we saw them they were surrounded by chain link fence.</p>

<p>Speak of the devil…</p>

<p>[Krispy</a> Kreme owners hope to reopen within the year | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110810/NEWS/110819988/1007?Title=Krispy-Kreme-owners-hope-to-reopen-within-the-year]Krispy”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110810/NEWS/110819988/1007?Title=Krispy-Kreme-owners-hope-to-reopen-within-the-year)</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>I wonder what all is involved in the Master Recovery Plan that is referenced.</p>

<p>Also…saw this…</p>

<p>*Hobby Lobby and Big Lots, two major retailers whose Tuscaloosa stores were destroyed in the April 27 tornado, plan to open stores in existing buildings in Northport.</p>

<p>Hobby Lobby has received a building permit to remodel the vacant store to the west of Publix supermarket in the Northwood Shopping Center at the intersection of McFarland Boulevard and Lurleen Wallace Boulevard (U.S. Highway 82 and Alabama Highway 69).</p>

<p>The vacant site used to house Home Accents, a home decor store that moved in 2010 to a new, free-standing store it built farther west on McFarland Boulevard. *</p>

<p>Midtown got back to fully-reopened status within a few weeks after the storm. The Krispy Kreme owner is rebuilding the store at the same location and is opening a new location in Northport somewhere. Hobby Lobby and Big Lots are reopening in Northport as well. Mike & Ed’s will rebuild their location on 15th St, but have opened a new location in downtown Northport in the mean time. Guthrie’s re-opened a newly remodeled store at the same location a few weeks ago.</p>