Might appear stupid but...

<p>Actually since I got into this forum, I am seeing some prominent term that I unfortunately cannot define. I heard about "first generation student", can someone please give me a view what is looks like?
I am an African from a very underrepresented country, not even Anglophone and I am applying to Us college (including Columbia, Cornell, Penn, Princeton as very selective..). Since my SAT I is very very Very low (1300<x<1500), all my schools HAVE become HYP at the end. :(</p>

<p>I am an Athlete, ranked 1/40 with a quite normal ECs.
I also took the SAT IIs last Saturday in
MATH II expecting above 720)
French( expecting 800)
and English lit (screwer score around 500)
Good recs, Essay interesting to read>>good hook, farming activity.
So please someone to explain me what is first Gen and also give suggestion about my case even if obviously, I know my chances are remote for most of the top schools.
Thank you...</p>

<p>bump bumpy</p>

<p>You already know that the chances are slim, those schools (even with international applicants) want to see top scores so i can not tell you your chances of getting in bc I am only a senior myself. I will tell you what a first generation students is, it is a student whose parents did not attend college so they are the "first generation" to attend college.</p>

<p>thanks a lot Dbate. according to what you, I am not a First gen so.</p>