Might not make my predicted grades in the final exam. How does this hurt my acceptances?

Hi, a bit of context,

I’m an international student doing the IB right now. This means that we don’t receive letter grades on top of our IB grades, thus colleges only receive our predicted grades throughout the year (i’m not too sure how GPA works). Anyways, I was fortunate enough to have been predicted a 45/45 in IB, and have maintained that prediction for awhile now (around 2/3 terms of my senior year). This was sent off to colleges, and I got accepted into UPenn, where I confirmed to.

Now, I’m really scared I won’t be able to get a 45 in the actual exams. If I get low, how much does that matter to schools such as UPenn? I’ve already been accepted but I’m scared that they could rescind. Thank you.

Bumping this

It depends on how low your current grades are. Without quantitative evidence of your current grades, none of us can gauge a correct outcome. Maybe you should contact the Penn admissions office, asking them for minimum grades required for you?

At this point my grades are still a 45/45 in the IB’s system (so straight As essentially). The problem is what you submit to colleges, and what they accept you on, is on this predicted score. The final exam determines what your actual score is, but I’m not sure how much this affects my admittance.

Penn will not rescind your admission if you do not get a 45. Just don’t get any 3’s on the HL/SL exams or a 0 on the TOK/EE.