Mines dropping rolling admissions for class of 2025

Mines is planning to drop rolling admissions this fall and start having an EA cycle and a RD cycle. The details are still being worked out but it will most likely be very similar to CU Boulder’s EA and RD.

Curious how you know this? Where did you get this information from?

Campus tour and lunch with my HS student. They said the details were still being ironed out but probably similar to CU.

I do wonder if they will follow through this year with everything being up in the air because of covid-19.

Dropping rolling admissions??? We did a virtual orientation in late June and my son has talked with the admission office twice. That has never been mentioned and only indications were that acceptance decisions are rolling. Has anyone verified that with the school since April. Hoping your post is dated and they have sacked that plan.

A rep last month said it is rolling. With Covid-19, rolling is more important than ever, so if this was a plan, it must have been deferred.

That was their plan pre-COVID. I asked an admissions person about it today and they said maybe next year.

Thanks @AlwaysMoving. The language on the Golden Admissions app is unclear. It says if you submit before Nov 1 you will hear by December something. The word by is throwing him – does that mean it could be much earlier? Have emailed admissions for clarification.

Of course we’re not sure what it said in earlier cycles.

DS applied to Mines. I had never really looked into it too much and am not sure how it came across his radar but after he said he had applied I read more about it and it really sounds like a great option. I am a bit surprised it does not get more “love” on CC.

In the past they would notify people starting in November, but I’m not sure what the plan is this year. The admissions department appears to be understaffed and gets overwhelmed, so it’s best to stay relaxed and not check everyday.

Tks! My S has not yet even applied – he’s just trying to figure out their system / turnaround

They are definitely doing rolling admissions and started sending out admissions decisions about 3 weeks ago. They release them each Friday. Remember, to get to the decision process not only does your application have to be in, but all of the required materials from your school. This holds up many folks for an extra week or two, so call your counseling office to be sure it is all in and check the portal to see that your application is complete.