Minimester

<p>How does the minimester work? Most classes are listed as online so are they done on PC in dorm or do they need to go to a lab somewhere? What are advantages/disadvantages of adding minimester classes and do they show up on transcript as a mini fall session or just get built into the fall courses on the transcript?</p>

<p>Minimester (usually called Fall 2 or Spring 2, since there is an interim session in May which is a short summer term) usually involves taking classes for the final 10 weeks of the semester. If a class is online, you can do the work from any computer with internet access. Some tests may have to be proctored on campus or off campus if you live more than 50 miles away from campus.</p>

<p>I’m not sure as to how they appear on transcripts since they are still a new thing, but I would assume that they are listed as normal fall classes. If you have space in your schedule credit-wise, then you can add a class. IIRC, it was designed for students that withdraw from a class and want/need to take another class, though anyone can participate. If there is any change I could make, I would make it so one could register for these classes along with other fall classes.</p>