Minor while doing Engineering?

<p>I'm starting next fall in Engineering. I'd like to get a minor in something like Business or Economics. I'll be in the Corps as well. Am I going to be able to fit that in my schedule? Is it totally irrational to think that I could get a minor as an Engineering student? I'm just not sure what the rigor is like and how much coursework you add on by getting a minor. Any advice would be appreciated.</p>

<p>I don’t know about Eng and business / econ. Eng and something very similar possible. S2 is going to graduate with major EE minor Math May 2012. Look through the curriculum and compare. Do mention your interest when you speak with your adviser in subsequent semester registration, then they can guide you. At that point, you have some academic performance, if you do well they will support you, if not they won’t, especially if you plan to graduate in 4 yr.</p>

<p>You should get a minor in math, I was talking to a TAMU advisor for the Computer and Electrical Engineering (Electrical path) department and she said that after all the math classes you are required to take, you only need 1 more math class to fulfill the requirements for a minor in math so that shouldn’t be too hard and it’s extra stuff for your resume.</p>

<p>I would…but I think I want to stay in the business aspect so I can do more with that when I graduate.</p>

<p>Well, in that case, it could take you up to 4.5 - 5 years to get that a minor in business/ econ. in addition to your engineering degree depending on how many credits you have going into college and also how many summer classes you take and how many you are willing to take during the year.</p>

<p>PS, for an update on what outfits I’m looking at, Im looking at either the band (A-Battery), sq. 17, or sq. 23.</p>

<p>but if you already have some credits and do plenty of summer school you could probably get it all in 4 years</p>

<p>If you enter A&M with a bunch of AP credits (we find that A&M is generous with AP credits), then you will have time in your schedule to complete an 18-hour minor. I didn’t check to see how many credit hours one must take for a business minor. But if it’s an 18-hour minor, then you can likely complete it in 4 years along with your engineering degree. You’ll just have to fill up each semester.</p>