Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

GrubGirl is resurrected!!! @GoatMama can we get you a cape!!! Ooh, and tights!! Gotta serve the masses in tights!!

GrubGirl is resurrected!!! @GoatMama can we get you a cape!!! Ooh, and tights!! Gotta serve the masses in tights!!

Not uncommon in parts of the world.

Love this thread. Never know what’s coming.

Monkey-eating…

Reminds me of Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Next thing you know, someone will be talking about pulling hearts out of chests while chanting.

Well, speaking of violence… ChoatieSgt sent us a pic of his “Firstie Issue” (senior class items): red sash, honkin’ huge black ostrich plume for his parade hat and, wait for it… saber! Lovely. Don’t get me started on the class pistol he will get at the end of his senior year. This is not college, folks. Not college at all. On the upside (for him), after May 27th when the current class graduates, all underclassmen will have to call him “sir.” He can’t wait for that.

We will still call him by his baby name.

My DD started calling DS Sir Cocopuff when she was 4… it stuck. Lol. You have my permission to borrow it, although I’m sure you can come up with something better! :))

Oh, trust me, his baby name does the trick. :wink:

So exciting for your son @ChoatieMom. This will be an amazing couple of weeks! Does he now get to go to the pub?
There is a nice golf course there, also. I love the Thayer.

Yes, he can go to the Firstie Club (he’s 21). We haven’t stayed at the Thayer as we take advantage of ChoatieDad’s Hilton status when we travel. We haven’t been back to WP since freshman year, but we do plan to attend Ring Ceremony, Parent’s Weekend, and graduation this upcoming year.

Oh, and we’ll be traveling to Ann Arbor in the fall to watch Michigan roll over Army. Go Blue!

@ChoatieMom Glad to hear your have your priorities right for the football game!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of the CC moms out there!! You know who you are—but unless you have mom in your username, the rest of us don’t. Lol. Cheers!!!

Anyone watch the Today Show this morning?

@Golfgr8 Who was on the Today Show?

Non-sequitur music mention…probably notable to only one or two of my fellow BS parents, but RIP Scott Hutchison, lead singer of Frightened Rabbit. I loved their album “Midnight Organ Fight”, especially the song “Keep Yourself Warm”. Not necessarily kid-friendly lyrics (but have you listened to a Migos song lately?) but good stuff.

I generally stay out of the music discussions, but I’m looking forward to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9c5nnDd_s

That looks awesome @ChoatieMom but I’m not sure how much I’m loving the actor they chose.

@ChoatieMom I had just seen that and thought of you!! We will be all over it!!!

No one can imitate or replace Freddie, but I plan to watch with an uncritical eye. Just for the music.

I just saw the trailer last night as well and look forward to it – mainly for the music. I’m a bit young when Queen was at its height but my parents were huge fans so I was around it a lot.