Miss a semester and still transfer into USC?

So currently a rising sophomore in Utah, looking to do a junior transfer (USC, UCLA, UMich, Columbia (a lil hail mary), Santa Clara, NYU). Transferring for Finance/Econ/Business, have a 3.87 GPA rn, total 27 credits, done two internships (IB & PE), volunteering work for a semester plus this summer, and had a part time job as a gardening assistant for the school. Got the full IB diploma in HS, 39/45.

Will be recruiting for investment banking soon and a really great internship just became available to me here. However its a full time position, 40 hrs a week, which means that I won’t be able to take classes in person this semester (maybe an online class or two max).

Would taking the internship and doing a couple side classes online for fall semester screw over my transfer chances? Will having the IB diploma give me a credit boost for those schools so I could get away with not doing classes this semester? Should I be taking a full course load to boost my GPA?

I still have two required transfer classes that I haven’t taken yet, econ & calculus.

Worst case is that I do a part time internship and school at the same time, but the part time internships available to me are pretty low quality in terms of overall experience and learning opportunities, which i’m afraid might hurt IB recruiting.

What kind of full-time internship is this?

Econ and calculus are important business classes, and 27 credits isn’t a lot to be looking to transfer. What have you been taking instead?

Why do you want to transfer ? If you say prestige, I’d rather you have the fantastic internship and stay vs a bigger name which doesn’t assure anything.

If it’s because you are miserable I get it.

Experience begets experience. The internship will be far more impactful to your success than a school name.