Missed housing deposit deadline

<p>I have a housing scholarship but missed the deposit deadline. I sent housing an email about it and got a response saying only “here is another national merit scholar who did not pay”</p>

<p>Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?</p>

<p>Sorry, but the response must have said more than that…perhaps you need to see if that was some type of automatic generated reply.</p>

<p>Simply call UA housing tomorrow and explain what happened. Make sure you tell them you are willing to pay the deposit immediately. Follow their instructions. Was your intent to stay in the same room? I am sure they can help you out. Be apologetic and polite.</p>

<p>Advice for all students: Next time, mark your deadlines on a calendar, set an alarm, and have someone call you as a backup. Don’t forget to read all emails from housing right away to stay on top of housing deadlines.</p>

<p>Was it forwarded to someone else and you were copied? That sounds like something that would be said to someone else.</p>

<p>i agree with above poster.</p>

<p>Just curious: why does someone on a housing scholarship have to pay a deposit to receive that scholarship?</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Probably to provide some kind of assurance that the student will be using on campus housing next year.</p>

<p>Tommy…call and ask to speak to someone like Alicia Browne. If she’s not the right person, she will send you to the right person.</p>

<p>Simply because you are depositing for next semester’s housing and that semester’s scholarship is not posted (paid) yet. It will appear as a credit on that semester’s account.</p>

<p>why not? it tells housing that you want a space, just like every other student that wants housing. the money can eventually go to things like lab fees and a meal plan, so it is really not a big deal to have to pay the deposit.</p>

<p>Officially, $25 of the housing deposit is the Housing application fee, which any student living on campus has to pay. </p>

<p>Tommy, I would suggest going to the UA Housing office in Burke East. The people who work there are very nice and will likely be more helpful since you took the initiative to walk over there and speak to them in person.</p>

<p>Tommy: Let us know how it worked out for you.
If you haven’t called or gone over to UA Housing in person, do this ASAP because the housing selection dates begin soon.</p>