MIT Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Good luck, guys. Hooves crossed!!! :goat:

3 Likes

Assuming it is still set for Pi Day, we should be receiving an email from them with the date early this week (according to the FAQ):

“Applicants will receive the email about a week prior to the release of decisions.”

1 Like

sure, and as I’d mentioned earlier that they release a Pi-Day video along with an official announcement, so the video for Pi-Day 2021 is not up until now, but I expect it to be there in the next 24hrs.

3 Likes

HEY GUYS !!!
IT’S FINALLY OFFICIAL, AS I’VE TOLD YOU ABOUT THE PI-DAY VIDEO, THEY’VE UPLOADED IT ON THEIR CHANNEL !

GO CHECK IT OUT - Pi-Day 2021 (MIT)

I’m sooo excited !!!
(The video was literally uploaded 5min. ago)

7 Likes

Also, I got the official email.

DECISIONS ARE : Pi-Day Tau-Time, i.e.

3/14 at 6:28 PM Eastern Time:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

MIT is able to handle the increases in applicants and release the decision 3 weeks earlier than the lives…

4 Likes

Did everyone get the same email advising the applicant they might want to be alone to process the decision?

1 Like

yeah. It says : you may want a moment alone to process your decision before sharing it with others

Is there anything freaky about the MIT portal after the new updates? Of course, that’s all myth, but is there?

1 Like

no email 🙋

what do you mean by that? I am confused.

There’s a myth that through a school’s updated portal that sometimes we can distinguish results before they’ve been released, i.e. if an address is suddenly missing, a withdrawal button is still there, there’s a student ID number for the school now listed, or if the financial aid status has changed. Mods say it’s just a myth, maybe it is, but it continues to live on with every school and each cycle. It’s sort of taken on a life of its own now, especially over on Reddit.

Thank you for explaining that!

1 Like

Anytime!

We are in the same exact boat. My dd was EA and deferred. She has excellent credentials. Not contacted about an interview at all so we are feeling like she won’t get in or somehow got overlooked.

1 Like

Yup. It is a myth

2 Likes

here either. When did it come?

It came out around 1:30 pm ET yesterday (8th March, 2021)

Thanks. Do not have that email. Hope that is not a bad omen.

2 Likes

"Dear :goat:,

We want you to know that Regular Action admissions decisions are coming soon-Sunday, March 14, at 6:28 PM Eastern Time!

You will be able to access your decision at MIT application portal, the same site where you submitted your application. Before you log in, be sure you are ready to receive your decision. There are no “Are you sure you’re ready?” screens.

You may want all your friends and family around you, or you may want to give yourself some privacy. Whether admitted, placed on the wait list, or denied, you may want a moment alone to process your decision before sharing it with others.

We know that waiting can be hard, so try not to stress too much and check out this list of things that you can do to distract yourself!

Best,
MIT Admissions"

4 Likes