MIT Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Thanks

My daughter as well @milcurtis

In an email to the ECs, MIT stated that they had over 33,000 applicants. From my foggy memory I believe that is a record. That also means the admit rate is probably going to be around 5%. That’s pretty tough odds.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks. Wonder why we did not get it.

1 Like

Hi, Quick Question: Does MIT tell ECs about the status of applicants (accepted/deny/rejected)?

Yes, ECs find out the status of the applicants that they interviewed. And only the ones they interviewed. They can see the status about 24 hours AFTER the applicant has checked themselves.

3 Likes

My Recommender’s option is gone.
I only have Financial Aid management option.
is it for all or just me ?

ya gone for me too

1 Like

yeee same

1 Like

Gone for me as well

1 Like
  • We received over 33,000 applications this year, which is an increase of 66% from last year. While it is always hard to know the exact reasons, we believe the suspension of the SAT/ACT requirement this year, as well as the permanent elimination of our SAT Subject Test requirement, contributed to the increase in applications.
  • ​​​​We plan to enroll a typically sized first-year class of 1,100 from our current applicant pool, in addition to any students from previous classes who chose to defer their admission until this year.
  • Last year, we admitted 1,457 students; we anticipate that this year we will admit a similar, albeit smaller, number of students.
  • Last year we offered more than 600 applicants a place on the wait list and anticipate a similar number this year.
6 Likes

Don’t know if it’s going to be in our favour or not :neutral_face:
Fingers crossed :crossed_swords:

1 Like

I wish it was in our favor haha it went the opposite way

1 Like

*Feeling sad with 69 others :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: *

2 Likes

Does MIT really look for Math competitions like AMC/AIME/USAMO etc… As they have space to fill up those exams on application.

If you put something down, they look at it.

3 Likes

so only 9hrs. to go …
#Tau-time

Happy Pi Day!! Best of luck to everyone from the moderating team. Remember, regardless of the outcome, your admissions results do not define who you are.

25 Likes

HAPPY PI-DAY TO ALL !!!

And if you have some time apart from procrastinating about the decisions, so remember today is also the birthday of frizzy-haired mad scientist who challenged the whole picture of physics … Albert Einstein.

And also, 3 years ago on the same date we lost a great person … a man who said NO to give up even against the most-challenging situations and brought about a revolution in the way we understand black holes and general relativity on large scale and the whole Universe itself … Stephen Hawking.

12 Likes

All the best students and parents! The journey wouldn’t have been easy.

While I wish you the best with today’s decision, it doesn’t define you! Hope your journey of life is beautiful irrespective of what you see at Tau time today!

5 Likes