MIT Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for MIT Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 1

2 Likes

Looks like I am cutting the ribbon here …

Has anyone here been contacted for an interview for RA? I heard that MIT has started contacting for interviews since the last week of Dec.

1 Like

The official deadline is Jan 5. this is from MIT site

Note: We are extending our Regular Action deadline this cycle to January 5.

Just got an interview.

2 Likes

Wonder why? I believe Cornell also extended

January 2nd, what was it earlier? Not sure why though.

1 Like

Mine was contacted the day after submitting, over a week ago.

3 Likes

How soon did they come asking for an inteview?
Thanks

My son received the email from interviewer 2 days after he submitted the application.

1 Like

Thanks, really appreciate this

2 Likes

I have been told that not all get a call for interview. Is this true? Is anyone there who has not (yet) got a call?

Is not adding my SSN to the application a problem?

(Not applying for financial aid btw)

Without ssn it doesnt allow to proceed

MIT uses alumni volunteers to do the interviewing. They try to match every applicant with an interviewer but it depends on the number of alumni volunteers in your area. Most domestic applicants do get an interview. Internationals are more the problem with an uneven distribution of volunteers.

2 Likes

I received 2 days after I submitted also.

I submitted my application December 24th and got an interview request December 27th. My interview is tmrw. Grinding for and preparing a script rn.

3 Likes

be prepared for it to run over. good luck

1 Like

Do they interview everyone or only select shortlisted candidates? My son got an interview email as well.

1 Like

I think they try to interview everyone based on the availability of the interviewers. My son checked no for the interview but he still got an email for the interview.