MIT Class of 2027 Official Thread

Deferred EA, now rejected. 1590, 4.0 UW, strong ECs and APs, etc. There are just too many great candidates and not enough spots. :heart:

4 Likes

Deferred EA, rejected, 1580 SAT, 3.92 UW GPA

Rejected too…

2 Likes

i had to go on here bc reddit is down. lol

Rejected :disappointed: My son has good options though, CalTech, UW… Time to move on.

14 Likes

Been wondering why I’ve been having trouble with them!!

2 Likes

Caltech is awesome. Congrats

5 Likes

I didn’t apply to MIT (long story why), but my Dad is an MIT alum and I grew up just next door to MIT so I love the place. Just wanted to say to you guys: regardless of the decision, I’m proud of y’all (as a fellow senior) and you guys will bloom wherever you’re planted. <3

9 Likes

I wish you guys all luck with the admissions process. This is rough

2 Likes

got rejected :frowning: i think i’ll live

7 Likes

Congrats! SO exciting!!
Did you apply RD or deferred EA and then accepted?

Where else is your daughter waiting decisions from?

Thank you.

1 Like

My son was waitlisted.

10 Likes

Congratulations!

waiting on CWRU (Saturday), then Wesleyan, Byrn Mawr, and Mt Holyoke. Already accepted to Sarah Lawrence, Grinnell, and Stevens.

The 3/2 program with CalTech at Bryn Mawr, Mt Holyoke, Wesleyan, and Grinnell is likely her preferred route - ideally with Wesleyan, she actually considered going ED2 there but wasn’t willing to give up her shot at her top 3.

Though IF she gets into CWRU we’ll do the admitted student event, it could end up moving to the top of her list.

I was hoping she’d have her top choice. Not just because it’s her top choice - we’d also be DONE with all of this! Since Wesleyan is her preferred option now, we’re still not done until at least March 25th…

4 Likes

Son rejected. Hispanic 1560 SAT. 4.0

4 Likes

Rejected! :chile:

1 Like

Accepted. I don’t see financial aid yet. Does it post there? 8 AP, many DE, competitive summer programs and research.

7 Likes

It took a few days last year for son’s financial aid to show up last year.
DS2022 wanted to choose/put deposit down on 3/14, but I told him to wait for all info ($ to hopefully be close to Net Price Calculator).

Note: MIT doesn’t require a $ deposit.
We didn’t pay a penny until August with Fall tuition bill.
(it made me rather nervous because there wasn’t anything “official” /contractual that said son was attending MIT).

Congrats!

2 Likes