MIT Online Science, Technology, and Engineering Community 2021

I was in the 100s.

Is there an online group for MOSTEC students? Like Discord or Facebook?

Iā€™m still waiting on my decision, is anyone else?

also waiting. apparently half the applicants havenā€™t got a decision yet

yup :confused: still waiting

same here

My sister is still waiting

Still waiting. No update on my portal

Are they going in numerical order of application? Still waiting.

Iā€™m not sure, and I donā€™t think there is any other way to tell. As far as I know, they have not released any updates, nor do we have an exact day that decisions are supposed to be out for everyone. I am still waiting for my decision as well.

DS just got an acceptance email. Only had the portal confirmation last week.

I got an email saying that if we have not gotten our decision yet, we need to email them for our decision if there is nothing in your spam folder. Then, we need to wait 3-5 business days for their response.

Congrats!

All right, everyone listen up. If you were accepted to the MOSTEC 2021 program and have already confirmed on summerapp.mit.edu that you are accepting your offer of admission(due at midnight April 25 eastern standard time), then you need to right now head on over to the MOSTEC 2021 Student Network thread. This thread is going to be for networking and communicating about MOSTEC related things before the official mediums of communication, e.g slack, open up in June. To reiterate, head on over to the thread MOSTEC 2021 Student Network and go ahead and introduce yourself(of course without needing to reveal names and other sensitive personal information)!

Has anyone here been informed of being placed on a waitlist or anything similar? All of the decisions I have seen have either been acceptances, rejections, or nothing at all.

If you have received no decision via email or the portal, please email summerapp@mit.edu with your name and application ID number so that they can send you your admission decision, too!

do you know how long they take to email you back with your decision? i have not received an email yet but i emailed them on Saturday

MIT had a three day weekend since they celebrated Patriotā€™s Day on Monday. They had a lot of emails over the weekend but I assume theyā€™ll get to your email some time this week. If not, then you should definitely follow up on Friday. If you emailed them about not receiving a decision, maybe follow up ASAP with the application ID and name since they requested that in their email.

1 Like

got it, thank you so much!!

My DS declined his MOSTEC acceptance so someone on the waitlist should be getting an opportunity in the next day or so.

1 Like