MIT wise 2022

This thread is for those that are applying to the WISE program for the 2022 season.

This thread is for general questions about the application, essay readings, etc.

D23 submitted an application approximately four weeks ago. Any statistics showing how many WISE participants are successful in getting into MIT?

From what I’ve seen, at least ~30-40% of WISE participants end up getting into MIT since traits that are appealing to WISE AOs tend to appeal to MIT AOs.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Decisions have been released in the portal, which can be accessed via your email.

Rejected. It says impressed and enraged to apply. Application fee waiver and invited to application workshop. Does everybody that are rejected get that? Thanks

D rejected, with fee waiver and app workshop invite.

Last year everyone didn’t get the waiver, but I’m not sure about this year.

How many kids get accepted into WISE this year, anyone know? What’s the acceptance rate?

Do you mean last year, not everyone got the waiver or no one got the waiver. Thanks.

Whoops I meant not everyone who was rejected got a fee waiver!

D23 got in!

1 Like

Share stat and background?

I wish someone (or MIT) would share some stats.

My DS2022 was accepted to WISE 2021.
He was accepted to MIT after EA deferral.

I do believe that that being accepted to WISE does help with MIT acceptance, but have no clue on % data.
Supposedly (from 2020 data: will try to find that post) that acceptance from EA deferral was only 1.9% so I think the WISE perhaps helped nudge him into the acceptance pile.

From pretty sparse info from the WISE2021 discord group, these kids were outstanding as many of them were accepted to MIT and other Ivies/elites.
So if you were accepted to WISE, I’m guessing that you have the right portfolio to be accepted to many great colleges.

DS was also accepted to 3+ elite colleges.

Good luck!
work on those essays!

So EA deferral acceptance rate is lower than RD? Do you know why? I thought EA candidates are strong. If they are not, they would have been rejected.

Got the info from here

MIT did defer a whole bunch of EA apps:
= 9488/14,781
= 64%

deferred EA acceptance:
= 176/9488
= 1.85%

%

vs RD
= (640-176)/18986
= 2.44%

Top 5%, GPA: 4.0/unweighted, SAT 1450+, 9APs (5*5s…), several ECs including SciOlympaid, STEM clubs,co-authored unpublished paper & very good recommendations.

Curious if some folks didn’t get into wise but got into MIT. my son didn’t get in this year but he did another MIT program this summer. Wondering if not getting into WISE is a bad sign.

Has there been an update from MIT wise today? My s24 also applied but I haven’t heard from him yet.
Edit: he didn’t get in either. Do they use the wording that they are impressed with the wise app and encourage everyone to apply or is that just to be nice?