Money for merit?

<p>what kind of merit scholarships/awards does wisconsin offer? also, does one qualify for money if a SAT/ACT score is over a certain score? with wisconsin being a public state university i would assume there are decent merit possibilities? Can anyone provide me some insight, I am now beginning to add Wisconsin to my list of possible schools.</p>

<p>I doubt that they give money for hitting a certain ACT/SAT, as my ACT was 34, and my SAT was comparable. Most of the scholarships that you can apply to through the online scholarship database are part merit, part EC, and part essays. Although academic standing and ACT/SAT scores are considered, it’s my understanding that they alone can’t automatically qualify for any scholarships, although they’ll definitely help your chances.</p>

<p>Most merit money goes to sophs and up. It is given by schools/departments to their top students.</p>

<p>Unlike some states, you can expect NO money for your HS credentials from public colleges in this state. Merit money is given as barrons states- post #3, and rare. The vast majority of aid is need based. Your sources for merit based money would be getting a National Merit Scholarship, or other scholarships from outside sources- check with your local UW alumni chapter. Other posters may know of the few scholarships you can apply for.</p>

<p>I should add–except for designated minority students. For that group there is considerable aid and other programs.</p>