Mongolian BBQ

<p>So, are there any restaurants that have Mongolian BBQ either on campus or anywhere else in Madison?</p>

<p>This is very important to me.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.thedailypage.com/theguide/venue.php?venue=1777&widget=searchWidgetSwapOut('Eats','Movies','Music')"&gt;http://www.thedailypage.com/theguide/venue.php?venue=1777&widget=searchWidgetSwapOut('Eats','Movies','Music')&lt;/a&gt;;&lt;/p>

<p>Yes, at least one.</p>

<p>And it's pretty good. About $10 during the week and $13 or so on weekends. That includes a buffet with unlimited servings.</p>

<p>Is there a wide vareity of choice for vegeterians on campus?</p>

<p>Excellent, Thanks.</p>

<p>Is China One Buffet on campus? Or walkable?</p>

<p>And I'm sure there's a lot of veggie stuff around campus it's mentioned a lot in the Housing packet.</p>

<p>China One is near West Towne. Not near the campus at all but you can get a bus that goes there. They do the buffet at both lunch and dinner. Cheaper at lunch.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Is there a wide vareity of choice for vegeterians on campus?

[/quote]

Yea, all Indian restaurants, e.g. Taj on Park St, serve a good veggie menu. While veggie food is becoming more popular in US, your choices are mostly limited to salad, potato dishes and dairy products.</p>

<p>Not so- think Mexican and Italian as well as Indian. Taco Bell can substitute beans for meat items- inlaws do that all the time. Res Halls will always have vegetarian items, of many types. Husnus, on State St., is Mideastern, more upscale, and good- hummus et al (son had me take him there on the way home last fall). The Memorial Union will have lots of things, too. Taste of India just opened in Madison. With many students doing vegetarian, even vegan, you should be able to find plenty of variety in the campus area. The traditional upscale restaurants are the worst - past experiences have had vegetarians served vegetables...so watch out for an invitation to one of those (highly unlikely to happen, don't worry). Woodmans is a traditional supermarket with many food items, including a hot mix snack and other Indian foods, plus other Asian items; there's a Whole Foods(?) market on University just west of campus also. When you get to campus be sure to pick up the guide to area shopping, with directions, from your Res Halls desk.</p>

<p>You should be able to eat plenty, healthy and tasty food. Please don't limit yourself to pizza...</p>

<p>Regarding Chinese food- there are many restaurants around, don't limit yourself to the ones you know. There is also Thai food close to campus.</p>

<p>Thanks so much, and I'm ethnically Indian so that helps a lot!!!</p>

<p>My half-Indian son, the spice fiend, found the carryout Thai food spicy even for him. Today's food is not the bland food available years ago. I sent various Indian spices with him, in small plastic containers so he could add it to various foods he microwaved- you can get Campbell's low sodium pea soup (chunky, no ham) and add in the salt and spices, put it over (basmati) rice and have a nice meal when you want a change. You can get jalapeno peppers on your carryout/delivery made-to-order sub from Res Halls, too...</p>

<p>My daughter is a freshman. She is vegetarian. She eats fruit and veggies in the res hall. There is a Trader Joe's 1.5 miles from her dorm. Plenty of choices for vegetarians in Madison. Taste of India is great!!</p>

<p>Also, do any restaurants at all take the Wiscard, like the dining halls? I remember when I visited Purdue they had an off campus meal plan, so do any nearby restaurants accept the Wiscard or not?</p>