More "A" Day info

<p>For those of you who are planning on going to A-Day…received this today :)</p>

<p>A-(Family) Day</p>

<p>Join us April 16, 2011 for A-(family) Day! The Office of Parent Programs will host a lunch before the A-Day football game at Bryant-Denny stadium. Parent Ambassadors will greet families before a barbecue lunch with all the trimmings. Participants are invited to play BAMA Bingo for door prizes, including scholarships sponsored by the Parents Association among other Alabama must-haves! Events will take place in the Ferguson Center Ballroom at 9:30 a.m. and the cost is $15 per person. All parents, students and family members are invited to attend. Registration will begin on March 7th. Visit parents.ua.edu to register.</p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>

<p>Bumping up this post as I need more info on this weekend.</p>

<p>Son will have an induction into an honors society on that weekend, Sunday, April 17th, and of course, I can’t find a hotel. </p>

<p>I can drive up Sunday but will want to spend the night Sunday night, but would prefer not to have to stay far from campus.</p>

<p>When will the A-Day events conclude? Is it a Saturday only event, where people will be cleared out by Sunday? Or is the campus still going to be packed by Sunday afternoon? The induction will be in Morgan, so don’t know what the parking situation will be.</p>

<p>Any info would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>FYI, we are not attending the football event, so don’t worry about info on that. We just would like to see son get inducted, since it’s on the weekend, so work and class won’t be a problem.</p>

<p>People will be gone by Sunday.</p>

<p>Oh, good. Will try to stay overnight on Sunday and check out storage facilities on Monday, maybe start moving some stuff in. Checked out flights. Wow, they’re expensive, even on Wanna Get Away Southwest. Looks like I’ll be driving. Sad face.</p>