More about Milton?

So I didn’t find a lot of threads on Milton Academy but I gathered that

1. It has an awesome music program
  2. day & boarding half & half, there’s a middle school
  3. they prepare you for university stuff. eg writing / research (correct me if im wrong)

So I was wondering more about milton’s courses and what class the students particularly like
And btw how many students are in the middle school (in one grade)

Edit: and what boarding life is like there

There is also an elementary school and I don’t remember how many students there are in those just that there are 500 students in grades below high school. Their courses are pretty standard for boarding schools and they are slightly more focused on humanities than the average school. Boarding life is fine due to how man students there are in total, so the campus doesn’t empty out on weekends or anything. Many day students also end up staying until 8:00 pm for various evening activities

1 Like

It’s a good idea to look up the course catalog online for any school you are interested in.

well I know what courses they offer
I was just wondering how the english course may be different
because for applications they were only school that explicitly stated their curriculum was writing intensive.

They have a very detailed explanation of the classes they offered and how they differ from more traditional English classes. English Courses - Milton Academy

@babysnoopy My daughter is there. We have both a lower and a middle school – middle school class in its’ entirety is only about 55 kids and they add double that for ninth grade when they move across the street to the upper school. There’s lots going on over the weekends and day students are always welcome to join in – we find though that not too many do. Boarders are free to explore over the weekends but I believe have a designated study period on Sunday nights (I could be wrong.) In general, the boarders seem happy and my daughter (a day student) has mainly friends who live there.

As far as favorite classes? Those are as different as the students! My daughter has enjoyed most history/social studies classes for her entire time at Milton (6th grade) and those teachers appear to have been particularly awesome, as are the language and science teachers for the most part. That’s just from my daughter’s point of view though! English class has not been easy and by their own admission, may be one of the most difficult!

1 Like