More Aloha for Bama

<p>Last night I had the pleasure of being a parent-speaker at a UA reception in Honolulu. The reception was hosted by Peter Kim, a Hawaii native, who was the place kicker on Bear Bryant’s last national championship team. You’ll be happy to know that I resisted the temptation to kiss the championship ring he wore to the event. :)</p>

<p>The event, at which Rick Funk (head UA recruiter) and Dr. Hank Lazar (lauded UA professor and poet) also spoke, was a success and included several high school seniors from Hawaii who will be attending UA next year. They, and their families, were very pumped up about the adventure that awaits them.</p>

<p>Additionally, Rick and Hank hosted a morning event for college guidance counselors that was hugely attended. In three short years 'Bama has gone from being completely off the radar in Hawaii to establishing a presence and momentum that will only grow. I’m hoping we progress as California has: Dr. Lazar pointed out that 10 years ago he could have named every Californian on the UA campus. Now California residents comprise 5% of the entering class.</p>

<p>Aloha and Roll Tide! :)</p>

<p>Great news, malanai! I hope there is a lot more “Aloha” at Bama in the coming years.</p>

<p>But seriously, if Waka Flocka could wear AJ’s ring, I don’t see any problem with you kissing Peter Kim’s championship ring.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing the good news!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>My DS was part of that California 5%. Roll Tide!</p>