More California Kids Heading OOS for College

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/1336439-more-college-bound-californians-heading-out-state-3.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/1336439-more-college-bound-californians-heading-out-state-3.html</a></p>

<p>Just found this thread. Didn’t see UA mentioned too much.</p>

<p>Given the dreadful state of the CA education system and budget crises, it is no wonder. There are not many universities that saw the writing on the wall 10 years ago and started looking at alternative ways to fund themselves. One of the things parents should look into when choosing universities is comparing their levels of state funding, as this can be an indicator of how healthy the coffers are. That and student indebtedness. Watch this space… The current congress discussion about student load interest rates is the next bubble to burst.</p>

<p>you are very correct about that next bubble! It is a big problem.</p>

<p>Can attest to that being the case at kids h.s. They’ve been sending more kids out of state that several of those colleges are hosting their counselors to come visit.
YEAH UAlabama was one of them; with 4-5 kids each of past 2 years now at UA. This year saw well over 30 applications sent to UA and last I heard 13 maybe up to 16 have committed to UA for fall. Have been hearing the same for other area high schools. Can’t blame the enthusiasm, counselors have noted those now at Bama are extremely happy with their choices. And parent are happy that their kids aren’t impacted out of most of their classes.</p>

<p>Roll Tide - thank you UA for the great opportunities.</p>

<p>SoCal…you should post that info in that thread!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>That big public by you also sends a lot of kids to Bama as well. The one that starts with a T.</p>

<p>Friend at church was telling me about T. I’ve heard UA may also have TH alumni going. Seeing more and more Alabama decals about. :)</p>

<p>I think last year, T sent 4 kids to Bama. Don’t know about this last Fall.</p>

<p>My Calif high school (an all girls school), currently has two Bama girls.</p>