More housing questions

<p>I had no idea people sign up for housing so early, and it seems to be earlier every year. From another thread it looks like they are even full right now on guaranteed housing, which I think didn't happen till April last year. </p>

<p>My son has a 1/2/12 priority date for 3 modular dorms. Does he have a shot at one of his choices?</p>

<p>Well I will post again when he gets his housing assignment in July, to give next year’s freshmen an idea what they might expect.</p>

<p>Gig 'em</p>

<p>Ksog '81</p>

<p>I bet he would be able to one of his top 3 choices since he applied in january</p>

<p>My S told me that they have torn down 3 older dorms on the Northside and are making one supersized dorm. With 3 fewer dorms, this could be the reason they have filled up so quickly this year.</p>

<p>That probably does contribute. I also heard today that they are making the dorms in the corps quad area all corps dorms again, for the first time in a while, and some of the dorms in the quad are being renovated.</p>

<p>Two years ago, my D applied for all Southside modular - no roommate pref.-mid Jan and got Northside modular. Her friend applied late Jan with roommate pref all Southside modular and got Northside balcony. Hope that gives you a little help with expectations. My S applied this year in Nov. since we had done this before, but wants commons.</p>

<p>I think things are filling up a lot quicker this year!
We’ll stick with no roommate preference. We should have applied for housing sooner than Jan 2, since I already have an Aggie - we thought this son would go to another school, but the pull is strong from Aggieland!</p>