More IHP questions

<ol>
<li>I thought the minimum gpa for IHP was 3.0? Did they raise it to 3.3?
I would assume earlier students fall under the lower gpa requirement?</li>
<li>Do we think World Lit 1or 2 would be counted as a course with "extensive international content? I notice it counts for CBA International course.</li>
<li>I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but if a student takes an IHP class & doesn’t decide to complete IHP is it counted as a UHP class. Or, they need 18 credits in both IHP & UHP to get each designation?</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li><p>Current students are to complete IHP under the old rules, which require a minimum 3.0 GPA. Incoming students are supposed to have the choice of which requirements the wish to complete, but the Honors College doesn’t seem to be advertising this. Incoming freshmen should contact Dr. Sharpe about this as the older requirements are arguably easier to complete. For example, the rules for study abroad only stated that the student had to be abroad for 10 weeks and earn 6 credits, but did not say that the study abroad programs themselves had to be 10+ weeks long. The change in the minimum GPA for IHP closed the loophole where students were kicked out of UHP for having a sub-3.3 GPA, but retained all honors benefits by staying in IHP which was less strict on putting students on probation and/or suspension from IHP for failing to make adequate progress towards program requirements.</p></li>
<li><p>It should count, but I seem to call the old requirements saying that one needed to do an Honors-By-Contract for to satisfy the courses with international content requirement. </p></li>
<li><p>Courses can count towards both UHP and IHP. Some IHP courses count towards UHP requirements because the Honors College wanted to increase enrollment in IHP 105/155.</p></li>
</ol>