more than just a party school?

<p>ok, so I'll start off by saying that i'm not from the mid-west, so what i know about uw is by word-of-mouth. but does uw's party reputation overshadow its academic one? i know it is a very good school, but every time i mention it, people always respond with "oh yeah, isn't that a big party school?" not that i am totally against having a good time or anything, but is it as serious academically as it is socially? are there options besides partying?</p>

<p>Of course. The statement is STUDY HARD, party hard; everyone needs to study, you don't need to party. It's a large school with many different people, many different lifestyles and activities.</p>

<p>I heard the same thing (I live in AZ) when I visited I didn't get the party school vibe at all. I got the vibe of a school filled with intelligent students who are genuinely happy and know how to have a good time when possible (IE they're smart and responsible).</p>

<p>Options outside of partying are many. There seem to be a million different activities and things people can do on campus.</p>

<p>awesome...yeah, that's my only reservation about applying there</p>

<p>if you don't want to party there you don't have to...there's plenty of other things to do and the party rep has no effect on the quality of its academics so don't let that hold you back</p>