Most Difficult Engineering Classes

<p>Which classes are the most difficult? I am particularly interested in Electricsl Engineering. What made the class difficult (prof., amount if homework, exams, labs, …)
Thanks for sharing!</p>

<p>CHE 324, Transport Phenomena, is the hardest course in the chemical engineering curriculum. It’s also the most intensive mathematics and physics based courses in the program.</p>

<p>I know that I hear eng’g folks always complaining about thermal classes, and fluid classes, and (I think) heat transfer classes.</p>

<p>it is different for different students.</p>

<p>The electrical engineering course for nonmajors, ie, mechanical and civil engineering majors. Don’t know if chem eng majors have to take one of those.</p>

<p>Montegut…which course is that?</p>

<p>Aeros have to take ECE 320 (Fundamentals of Electrical Eng’g), which is for ‘non-majors’. It is 3 credit hours, w/ prereq of Physics 106 (Physics II w/ calc II) and co-req w/ Math 238 (DiffEQ).</p>

<p>I’ll add my $.02 and say Mike’s pithy post #4 is right on: ‘it depends’.</p>

<p>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH… DiffEQ’s!!! I’m now an engineer for almost 30 years and I just read DiffEQ’s. Oh the pain! All kidding aside, a word of advice. If your going engineering be ready to study like never before, don’t ever miss a class or home work, and when all your friends are going out to have fun and you know you have an exam in a week. do the right thing, study, study, study and allow your friends rub it in that you missed a great time. Once your through your first two years classes become fun and you start to really understand what is going on. Get through your first two years, hit the books!</p>

<p>“Mike’s pithy post.” I like that!</p>

<p>some kids will think it is the math, some will think physics will kill them, for some it’s statics, while other kids will sail through the same classes. it depends on where a students skills lie, how his or her brain works, etc.</p>

<p>over the course of an engineering curriculum, most students will run into several “most difficult” classes, not just one.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Very true.</p>

<p>And since there are many very difficult courses, and some are weeder courses, there’s going to be kids who “move on” to other majors because of grades or interest.</p>