Most trusted colleges [Morning Consult]

What does word “trusted” mean here? Isn’t it just a substitute for name recognition? I also find the word “intelligence” in “brand intelligence” funny. Does it really have anything to do with “intelligence”? How does polling becomes a substitute for intelligence? Maybe that explains why we’re facing some serious problems in many places today?

I would have just answered University of Alabama regardless of the question given their transparency on FA.

Many people think Baylor is a weird school. They didnt allow dancing on campus until 1996. For some perspective, the movie Footloose was released in 1984.

John Lithgow must have voted 1,000 times.

Good thing it’s 2023. Baylor isn’t weird at all, my daughter nearly went there. It is a Christian school, my daughter (we’re from Portland!) has a few friends there who all love it.

Well, if we were to play “which one of these is not like the others,” Baylor definitely stands out, at least as far as the top 10 goes. My guess is that this survey was conducted not long after Baylor won the NCAA tournament in 2021. That tells you something about the value of this whole report.

The value could be that the perceptions of the general public may differ from those who may be more familiar with higher education.

I would have thought more than 29,128 students would have applied to the “most trusted” university in 2022.

I have seen & read this list many months ago.

Page 14 Regional Rankings make me skeptical about the methodology & results of this survey. The Western Region of the US ranks its top two most trusted colleges as Colorado School of Mines and Howard University (Washington, DC). The results prompt the question as to whom was surveyed.

1 Like

Even after reading the PDF, I’m still not sure what trust in a college or university means. It might be a combination of how well known a school is and scandalous news.

When I hear “Baylor”, I think of the athletic department scandals of about 10 years ago. Plus, I tend not to have a high regard for schools that tout their religiosity, e.g., Liberty University and Bob Jones University.

1 Like

I have no issue with religiosity. But if you haven’t read the story of Liberty’s president and the pool boy (literally, the guy who cleaned his pool) and the various scandals that were uncovered along with that investigation, it is worth a read. And the financial goings on- brother.

Strict moral code on campus- which apparently did not apply to the president’s inner circle…

I’ve grown increasingly cynical over the decades. So, in all areas of life, if I see people/organizations being extra loud on enforcing morals on others, the more I suspect they are doing this to distract from their own shortcomings or secret acts/preferences/orientations.

1 Like

That’s an example of why I don’t think much of schools that tout their religiosity. They say one thing and do another.

1 Like

I agree!

Have seen too many instances of this.