Mostly good news from the triathlete

<p>I couldn’t quite figure out where to post this – so I’m starting from scratch. Many thanks, first of all, to all who sent prayers and good wishes our way today. It was more comforting than you will ever know. D’s echo was perfectly normal – no cardiac myopathy (the enlarged heart found in athletes who collapse unexpectedly). No other structural issues and today’s EKG was also normal (for an endurance athlete) as was all blood work. The only bothersome thing left is a stress test to see how the EKG looks on exertion – mainly because we don’t have an explanation of why she experienced a jacked up heart rate and shortness of breath the week before and after exams. I suspect an extreme case of exhaustion caused by burning the candle at all ends and in the middle, along with a questionable diet of Newks, Gigi’s Cupcakes, and the Pita Pit. I hope this is a bit of a reality check for her for next year. Currently the mama detox program seems to be working well (that’s the one where you sleep at least 8 straight hours and enjoy large quantities of healthy food). Again – can’t express how grateful we are for your support this week!</p>

<p>Great news! Yes the typical “college diet” plus lack of sleep can wreck havoc on our students’ health. A word to the wise for all our students…</p>

<p>Excellent! Keep us posted.</p>

<p>You must be very relieved. Glad to hear the good news!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>So glad to hear!!!</p>

<p>:) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>Good news indeed. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Happy to hear this good report! :)</p>

<p>WooHoo!! Always great to hear!</p>

<p>Excellent news. Some good summer mothering should be just what the doctor ordered.</p>

<p>Whitlo, college can also add to a stressful life. DS made a couple of C’s on exams early last semester. It was his 4th semester at UA and he had been perfect up to then. He stressed so much that we just spent the last 6 weeks aggressively treating an ULCER! Amazingly enough, he was able to pull a 4th “all A’s” semester at Bama but it was with a price. He now knows he has to eat and drink healthy! He is doing that even now that he is feeling 100% better! Long story, but keep in touch with your daughter and make sure she continues to eat healthy and get a decent amount of sleep. We don’t realize the stress these kids put on themselves and the bad eating habits they can get into. We are trying very hard to make sure he stays healthy! Glad to hear the good news about your daughter!</p>