Mount Holyoke Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Mount Holyoke Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

3 Likes

Anyone know when RD notification happens?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything official, but it looks like last year they came out on Tuesday, Mar 22. So, maybe on the 21st? That’s just speculation, though.

2 Likes

my D23 just got an email from MHC letting her know decisions will be released 3/23 @ 7pm EST

4 Likes

we were talking about that on zeemee, some of us didn’t get the email

Accepted! :tada: The financial aid is surprisingly good too!

3 Likes

Accepted as well! Aid was great for us too!

2 Likes

Accepted with Global Perspectives scholarship!
I wonder how long it will take to get the MoHo merch shipped to us?

2 Likes

accepted w/ 21st century scholarship

3 Likes

Waitlisted

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted with 21st century scholarship as well!!

4 Likes

accepted with Leadership Scholarship! But they said for need-based aid there was something missing; everything on the checklist has green checkmarks, so I set up an appointment to talk with financial aid office next week.

D loved the video

5 Likes

My D was accepted as well. We enjoyed the video and the whole feel of the Acceptance message. It seems like a very welcoming place.

6 Likes

Accepted with no merit. I’m shocked. She’s gotten merit from 13 other schools. Her best friend got in with merit and lower stats. She’s so bummed she can’t go there. It was her #1 choice.

We just returned from a campus visit and my daughter loved the college and the whole vibe but is a bit on the fence about the location. Are there any other students in the New Orleans area considering or committed?

1 Like

I would suggest joining the Facebook parent page. I’ve seen a few “any other potential students from X?” posts. There has almost always been someone. You can obviously unsubscribe if your daughter chooses elsewhere, but it is a good source of information while deciding.

1 Like

I’ll look at that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is anyone else on here going to the ‘Experience MHC’ event tomorrow and Monday?

In transit now with D23, we’ll be exploring the area this afternoon, we may go by a couple of the other schools in the 5 college consortium.

Any recommendations?

If you have time I would go to Northampton and Amherst. D23 never did an official tour at Smith or UMASS Amherst but walked around Smith. We never even walked around UMASS Amherst and it is our state flagship and she has been admitted. Think it would be nice for your D23 to see what UMASS has to offer. We were at Mt. Holyoke on Monday for an admitted student event and D23 liked the idea of being able to use her dining card to eat at UMASS Amherst known for the best college food in the country. Plus I think she liked the idea of being able to take classes at a coed university. Love the town of Northampton though for its cute shops and restaurants.

Definitely check out Northampton, and if in Amherst, check out UMass and walk through Amherst College’s impressive Science Center. My D met a group of friendly Mt Holyoke students on the Amherst College campus when she spent a weekend there and got the impression that quite a few Holyoke students take advantage of the Five College Consortium and take classes at Amherst College and UMass.

1 Like