Move-In, Dorm Decor: Tips, Tricks & Hints

<p>Moved DD into Lakeside yesterday. This was technically the big move in for us for college.<br>
We had the first time slot to move in and no line. Later there was a short line.<br>
They are at the curb waiting for you and unload the car into the carts and take them up to the room. Yes, only thing DD carried was her laptop. </p>

<ol>
<li><p>Have the fan ready to go right off the bat. Seriously, it was a bit warm and stuffy in her room even though the temps were in the 70’s. Most of your tower fans require some assembly so be ready to get that out of the way first off if you want to use it for the remainder of the unpacking and decorating. Or, have it already done before you arrive and the fan in an easily accessible spot. </p></li>
<li><p>No need to sew for the bed skirt. Simply buy a double flat sheet. Place it under the mattress and you have a skirt. D does not have much under her bed for EC except luggage. The girl who said she did not want a skirt wanted one. For the full year she will have her storage drawers under there so she wants it in separate panels for easy access. May make those instead of using the sheet.</p></li>
<li><p>Tension rods. Our Target at home is exactly like the one in Tuscaloosa. Laid out the same and all. However, the T-Town Target has way more tension rods. They even have a good selection of the drapery tension rods whereas our Target had NONE. Bought that and will be taking the shower tension rod back when I get home. Same for the mirrors, T-Town store had more mirrors and over the door mirrors in stock. I’m sure this is going to get a bit more iffy at move in come August 8th. </p></li>
<li><p>Door decor even in suites. Yes, these girls bring things to decorate the outside of their bedroom doors in the suites. </p></li>
<li><p>Be patient. Helpers are working like crazy. They are organized and know what to do. Be patient with your baby as they are a bit stressed and anxious and most are not going to say anything but can get a bit snappy when they don’t mean it. I was good and only offered advice about furniture placement or such when asked. </p></li>
<li><p>Bring a small ice chest with cold water or other drinks. You are going to want them. Even have a few light snacks easily accessible. </p></li>
<li><p>Be prepared to run to Target more than once.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>That is all I can think of for now. Please, feel free to add anything else you can think of that can help everyone out for move in.</p>

<p>Wonderful to hear of safe arrival. </p>

<p>Did you get everything in one car?</p>

<p>Had to use both cars but that was due to having 5 of us on the trip and our luggage for a week. Otherwise, it all would fit in one car.</p>

<p>Thanks so much - this is VERY helpful!! Glad DD is all settled.</p>