Move-in for sophomores (et al.)

<p>Hi, y’all. Apparently we missed the chance for online move-in sign-up … I’d been checking the UA Housing website for info, but I guess I didn’t check during the latter part of June, so we missed out.</p>

<p>Now what?? Do we have to wait till August 19 to find out when DS can move in? Presumably he’ll be able to move in sometime that day! But we’ll be there in Tuscaloosa–so how do we sign up? How do we find out? What do we do? Helllp! (Panicking here.)</p>

<p>(His first class is not till Wednesday, so I guess it will turn out OK…)</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Diane</p>

<p>Have emailed UA Housing / move-in help, so I guess I’ll get my answer. :)</p>

<p>All I need to know is: Will John be moving in August 19? And if so, what time? As long as it’s not the crack of dawn, we’re fine with it. But we do need to button down the DATE at least, because I need to arrange for time off from work.</p>

<p>Ask for Janine in Housing. She’s the UAHousing poster.</p>

<p>Thanks!!!</p>

<p>LadyDi,</p>

<p>You ever get the Dell fixed?</p>

<p>Not yet! Dean Sharpe referred me to the IT team; I plan to email them tonight and call them tomorrow.</p>

<p>Did Dr. S mean the IT team at Bama or at Dell?</p>

<p>Can someone with the NMF computer paperwork give Diane the number to call about the warranty? </p>

<p>I still don’t understand why the laptop doesn’t have a serial number. I realize that Bama may have over-ordered…such as: need 182, so ordered 190, but that shouldn’t mean that the spare 8 wouldn’t have serial numbers.</p>

<p>The IT team at Bama! Thanks!! And yes, we would really appreciate getting the warranty info.</p>

<p>Dell says they are looking into it, but I haven’t heard back from them yet. :(</p>

<p>My Dell laptop is driving me absolutely insane by randomly powering itself off several times a day. The Dell folks have been a royal pain. Tech savvy husband thinks it needs a new battery and they claim not to have one in stock (it’s only a year old). This has been going on for 6 months. I’ve given up and started using the dinosaur from my teaching job. Hope you get it all resolved.</p>

<p>“The Dell folks have been a royal pain.”</p>

<p>LOL! My Dell tech-support guy seemed very nice, but then, OTOH, he still hasn’t gotten back to me!!</p>