Move in Hotels

<p>Anyone ever stay at the Greystone Inn or Yellowhammer Inn? Advice words of caution or advice?</p>

<p>We stayed at the Yellowhammer last year during move in. While it isn’t a very close hotel, I’d have to think it’s closer than the Greystone. I would choose it hands down over Greystone for view and scenery alone. My husband and I really enjoyed it, enough that he’d like us to stay there again. </p>

<p>Sitting out on the large back deck drinking coffee every morning was very relaxing.</p>

<p>Yes it is much closer than Greystone. The hotel sites, and trip advisor, show Greystone as having very high reviews. That and the fact that it much less $$ per night have me leaning that way.</p>

<p>I stayed at Yellowhammer Inn over when we were visiting over spring break. Very nice boutique type hotel. And complimentary breakfast! :slight_smile: We looked out in the evening and saw a deer in the woods outside our window!!</p>

<p>And we got it through Priceline so the price was a bargain!!</p>

<p>We stayed at the Greystone last Parent Weekend and I am staying here again for move-in weekend this year and Parent Weekend as well. I would have preferred a closer hotel for move-in but didn’t get the ball rolling in time and what was left in T-Town to chose from by mid-June was too expensive or not what I was comfortable with…</p>

<p>The Greystone is nice - it’s about 15 mins outside town but rooms have small kitchette areas and there is complimentary breakfast in the morning and, at least on football weekend, beer/wine and snacks later in the day. No pool but there is a exercise room. It is only $68/night - which is great. We paid $159/night there for parent weekend but this year we booked through Expedia back in Jan/Feb (you can kind of guess when parent weekend will be based on the football schedule) and reserved it for parent weekend this year for $68/night. </p>

<p>Like I said - I would have preferred to be in-town at the Microtel or something for move-in but the Greystone is really not that far. For a football weekend it doesn’t matter because once you hit campus on football day you tend not to move your car - so going back to the hotel during the day is not much of an option anyway.</p>

<p>Oh … one word of advice! The traffic at 8am was very backed up coming from Yellowhammer. I don’t know if there was an accident or if it is like that every morning, so you may want to allow extra time if you’re traveling at that time of day.</p>

<p>We will be at the Greystone for Parents Weekend. Booked it way back when during all of the speculation about when it could be. Glad I did so as it has been sold out! Will be at the Hampton for move-over this coming week.</p>