Move in parking pass?

<p>Are we supposed to have a move-in parking pass? If so, we don’t have one.</p>

<p>Rose, we got one in the mail. It’s the back page of the folded 8 page “Move In 2011” mailer. I think D just got hers last week, so I’m betting that since it was bulk mailed it crossed paths with you. I bet if you tell them that you’re there from HI and that it didn’t get there before you left, you’ll get chatted up about coming such a long distance and it won’t be a problem ;)</p>

<p>We received what looked like a brochure about move-in day and procedures. there was a tearoff section that you filled in with room info and cell phone to put on your dash board. I am sure people are going to tell you to call the housing office – other posters have mentioned that they are helpful. Good luck!</p>

<p>Our parking pass arrived after we had left for AA last year. We just explained and it was NO PROBLEM.</p>

<p>Yes, it’s probably sitting in my mail box. We’re going to campus tomorrow to get a p.o. box set up. I’ll check on it there. Thanks, y’all :)</p>

<p>We received the same mailer …</p>

<p>I don’t want anyone to get a ticket, but during the first year, we made sure we had our move-in parking pass. During the subsequent years, who knows what we had or didn’t have. I really don’t think they are ticketing on those days unless you’re in a handicapped spot or some other infraction spot.</p>

<p>Question about parking after unloading: I know that we are asked to go park in a lot and take a shuttle back to the dorm. If we go shopping for more items later in the day, do we have to return to that lot and catch the shuttle back with our stuff or can we get closer to the dorm to unload again?</p>

<p>^^^Last year we had to take the shuttle and they were pretty hard core about it.</p>

<p>UA doesn’t ticket on weekends except for parking in handicapped and faculty-in-residence spaces, so you should be fine. Stop by housing and see if they’ll give you a parking pass.</p>

<p>Depending on when you come back to the dorm, you might not have to take the shuttle. Move-in officially ends at 5pm each day, so you should be fine after that.</p>

<p>^^^Unlike Malanai, our experience was that we were able to drive up, unload again and then I went and parked the car. But that 2nd round was later in the afternoon so it was after the bulk of the move in day appts. were over.</p>

<p>WHen did you all get these? We moved in July and now with less than a week to go till move-in, we wonder if it went to the old address and never was forwarded.</p>

<p>We received our parking pass at least a week ago.</p>

<p>Don’t worry too much if you don’t get yours. We didn’t have ours today and it wasn’t a problem at all.</p>