Move-in Question for incoming Aggie freshmen . . .

<p>So when do most freshmen move into the dorms? It looks like 8/19 is the first move-in day, but classes don't start until 8/27. Do most kids move in a week early or just the weekend before? Are there activites that make coming in the week before worthwhile? FWIW, he should be in the honors dorm.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>I know the Honors dorm has Howdy week starting on the 19th. They have organized activities all week. I am not sure if this applies to all of the dorms though.</p>

<p>From what they told as at NSC there is all kinds of activities going on during the week of the 19th.</p>

<p>Yeah, it’s called gig’em week.
here’s a detailed description from the website </p>

<p>[Gig</a> 'Em Week | Offices of the Dean of Student Life - Texas A&M](<a href=“http://studentlife.tamu.edu/nsp/gew/]Gig”>http://studentlife.tamu.edu/nsp/gew/)</p>

<p>you can see a schedule of what they did last year too!</p>

<p>And here is a link to one of the past Howdy weeks for the Honors dorms:</p>

<p><a href=“- Texas A&M University”>- Texas A&M University;

<p>I would definitely plan on moving in during or before gig’em week as an incoming freshman. My son mentioned many times how glad he was that he moved in a week before classes started. He hung out with friends, made new friends, became pretty familiar with the campus, worked out, took care of some administrative details, and just had some relaxing fun prior to the start of school. It was a real blessing. He’s going to show up early this year, too. So are at least a few of his closest friends. Good luck to you! :)</p>

<p>Howdy megadoo!</p>

<p>In addition to campus-wide events for Gig 'Em Week, the Honors Housing Community will have their own schedule of events called Howdy Week, as noted above.</p>

<p>There will be a number of staff and students in distinctive t-shirts available to help you move in on August 19. Looking forward to seeing you!</p>

<p>Best,</p>

<p>Jon Kotinek
Associate Director
Honors and Undergraduate Research</p>