Move-in question

<p>Are we supposed to get anything in the mail for move-in such as a parking pass or anything indicating the move-in time? For some reason I thought we were, but we haven’t gotten anything yet.</p>

<p>Yes. It didn’t come in an envelope. It was a folded paper. I can message you what mine looks like it that would help.</p>

<p>If I the parking pass that I will use all year for my dorm, do my parents put the parking pass I got in the mail for their car?</p>

<p>Class2012mom, when did it come? I know we haven’t gotten it; just wondering if it’s still on the way or if I should call.</p>

<p>Mine came a while back - couple weeks maybe? I’d call.</p>

<p>beth’s mom you may want to call Housing.</p>

<p>Ours came over a week ago also. It is a 2 page pamphlet that was folded in half. On one side it says Move in 2012 and the other side is a parking pass. The pamphlet has a lot of information including your move in date and time, what to expect when moving in, parking, getting to campus, how to prepare for move-in and shipping to campus.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! I called Housing and they’re going to e-mail us what we need. Disaster averted!</p>

<p>I remember being surprised that it look so unofficial compared to other mailings they’ve sent - more like a tips and tricks for moving n than an official parking pass mailer.</p>

<p>Is that parking pass for an extra car? I’m going to use my parking pass for my residence hall and park there, but I’m going to use the pass I got in the mail for my parents’ car. Is that right?</p>

<p>^^^Yes, that’s correct. It’s just for move-in weekend. You’ll use your regular parking permit for your residence hall parking zone. They won’t be able to park there.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>You’re very welcome. I hope you all have a great time at move in…exciting times ahead!:slight_smile: Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Another question . . . We’re driving D’s car down, so we’ll only have one car, and she has a yellow zone parking permit. However, I will be using her car to get back and forth to the hotel, etc. at times when she’s not with me. I assume I won’t be able to get into the RCS parking deck without paying because I won’t have her ACT card, correct? So will I need a permit to park in the surface lots that weekend if I don’t want to pay every time I go in and out of a garage? Or is there a yellow zone surface lot I can use? If so, which is closest to Ridgecrest West?</p>

<p>There is a surface lot between the Ferg deck and RCS. You may park there with her yellow residential permit hanging in the car and without her ACT card.</p>

<p>I remember seeing that lot at Bama Bound - wasn’t sure if it was yellow zone, though. Thanks!</p>