Move in scheduled!

<p>Thanks bamagirls. We are going to have to think long and hard about it!</p>

<p>Been there and done that…I get it.:)</p>

<p>I got august 11 at 8 a.m. yay!</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom - My son is participating in Alabama Action. I am excited for him to have this opportunity, but sad that the rest of our family will miss out on the WOW activities…I didn’t even know about them when my son signed up for AA, but it wouldn’t have made a difference, anyway. :-)</p>

<p>I was just talking to D about how sad I am that we are missing all the WOW activities and not meeting any of her roomies and parents. But I am also very excited that she is participating in AA. Hopefully she will meet some kids (hmmm, do we call them kids still?? lol) right away and won’t feel so lonely all by herself in her dorm. Our move in is at 2:00, Aug. 11th! Nice and toasty!</p>

<p>^^^ Fortunately for us, at least two of my S’s roommates will be checking in the same day as my S, as one will also be in AA and the other in OA. Not sure about the 3rd roommate. I agree with you, JosieP, that one BIG advanatage of being in one of these programs is the opportunity to meet people right away. :slight_smile: I guess I am okay with giving up WOW for that.</p>

<p>I suspect my D would not want me anywhere near Tuscaloosa during the WOW Week activities, so it’s good that she’s doing OA. Fortunately, two of her roommates will be moving in early for AA so she won’t be there alone.</p>

<p>^^I wouldn’t worry about it. I think most of the kids feel that way and I think most of the activities are more to give the students a chance to get involved, socialize, and make new friends anyway…except for the family welcome reception and the museum tour. AA and OA are also great opportunities for them to meet new people.</p>

<p>I don’t think my sons roommates are participating in OA or AA, but I know lots of others will be in the dorm, Like Tommy…so I am not too worried about it. I too will miss the WOW activities, but will survive. Son participating in OA is much more important that me attending a social!! </p>

<p>Maybe we should schedule our own social on Friday night 8/10 ??? !!!</p>

<p>Count us in. We are moving in at 8:00 am on the 11th.</p>

<p>i thought WOW was for the students, not families?</p>

<p>I feel better after looking at the entire schedule for WOW events. Like bamagirls said above, there really isn’t much for parents but the two events. They will be good things to do when we visit later in the semester. :-)</p>

<p>Absolutely, ProudBamamama! You can count on it!:)</p>