Move-In Weekend Dining Hall Hours?

<p>Food court is not included in the meal plan.</p>

<p>There is a real demand for Fresh Foods to have expanded hours, it is just being ignored at the present time.</p>

<p>No, the Food Court isn’t included as a meal plan venue. But, this year, it sounds like some plans do have some bonus meals that can be used there.</p>

<p>Years ago, before Lakeside Dining was built, the school did have meal plans at the Food Court. </p>

<p>My point was that the school does seem to “think outside the box” when it needs to.</p>

<p>I just don’t think there is a big enough demand for FF to be open in the late afternoon.</p>

<p>And The Supe should be open during these periods when parents and visitors are on campus in droves.</p>

<p>Sorry, busy day, missed most of these posts earlier.</p>

<p>DS move-in is at 1 on the 16th. When I look at the mybama sites, it appears that Lakeside And Fresh Food is closed Sat and Sun, Aug 17-18. </p>

<p>This just didn’t seem to make sense, which is why I started the thread. I guess I was hoping it was a mistake, just a little gap in the summer schedule and final fall schedule details. </p>

<p>By midday on Sat Aug 17 nearly half the dorm residents will be on campus. Even if Saturday was only cold sandwich and salad box meal service, it would at least line up the meal plan with the residence hall occupancy contract. Being closed on Sunday makes even less sense, since almost everybody will be in their new digs. Am I missing something?</p>

<p>[Lakeside</a> Dining Hall Schedule](<a href=“http://bamadining.ua.edu/calendar/lakeside_dining.html]Lakeside”>http://bamadining.ua.edu/calendar/lakeside_dining.html)
[Fresh</a> Food Co. Dining Schedule](<a href=“http://bamadining.ua.edu/calendar/freshfood.html]Fresh”>http://bamadining.ua.edu/calendar/freshfood.html)</p>

<p>According to the new issue of Greek Chic, Fresh Foods will be open on Sunday from
7:00am-3:30pm</p>

<p>For the Sunday, Aug 11 in GC it shows that Lakeside, Fresh Food, Burke for lunch. Lakeside for dinner. </p>

<p>Looks like Julia’s is open 7 days.</p>

<p>I don’t think you are missing a thing, BillThePoet. And an even better point you made about the dining contract aligning with the housing contract. That seems very logical to me.</p>

<p>I think it is arrogant and presumptive on UA’s part to just assume that people will go out to eat, and if not, they can just shell out for even more off the meal plan. It is almost if they would prefer that students didn’t make good use of the 10 guest meals included in each semester plan.</p>

<p>I distinctly remember move in weekend last year when we were hot, tired, and hungry and just wanted to explore campus a little further and see better what the options were. I’d think it would be in the best interests of the University to put their best possible foot forward and welcome people with easy convenience, and not long lines at Lakeside for dinner that weekend.</p>

<p>Again, this should be about convenience for the customers. On top of that (and unless I am missing something) they can’t even get the schedule on the website for the week of August 11th correct for Fresh Foods. There is overlap in the hours of operation from what I see.</p>

<p>^^^ I don’t understand the logic in Fresh Foods being open on 8/10 and 8/11 (with less people on campus) and then closed on 8/17 and 8/18 when MORE people are on campus…</p>

<p>Yes, more needs to be open during the BIG move in. I also agree with TXA, the Supe should be open as well. HELLO! Parents with $$$ to spend on their kids school spirit stuff.</p>

<p>And BOOKS.</p>

<p>* I don’t understand the logic in Fresh Foods being open on 8/10 and 8/11 (with less people on campus) and then closed on 8/17 and 8/18 when MORE people are on campus*</p>

<p>I suspect that’s because it’s WOW week(end) and there are other food plans for those days…BBQ’s etc.</p>

<p>Has anyone seen the WOW schedule yet? Here it is…
<a href=“Weeks of Welcome - University Programs”>Weeks of Welcome - University Programs;

<p>more stuff will be added to WOW</p>

<p>also, there’s an event on the Saturday night …</p>

<p>The Office of First Year Experience and Parent Programs invites you to the 2013 Family Welcome Reception!</p>

<p>Drop by for an afternoon of tasty desserts, time with UA staff and other families as you celebrate the “sweet start” to your student’s first year at The University of Alabama.</p>

<p>Saturday, August 17, 2013
3:00-5:00pm
Fresh Food Company at the Ferguson Center</p>

<p>Office of First Year Experience and Parent Programs
Box 870399, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 • 205-348-8404 • 1-800-392-2777 • <a href=“mailto:parents@ua.edu”>parents@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>And an event Sunday night…</p>

<p>WOW Kickoff Event
Time: 6pm-10:30pm
Week of Welcome kicks off at Coleman Coliseum with this carnival-style event. Take part in the first pep rally of the season with the University of Alabama Cheerleaders & Yell Crew. Afterwards, experience zip lining, wax hands, bumper cars, and a variety of other activities. Enjoy free foods from restaurants around the Tuscaloosa area. Start off your Week of Welcome right at Kickoff 2013!
Bus Route: Crimson</p>

<p>On Monday night…</p>

<p>Out-of-state/International/Transfer Student Social
Time: 12pm- 3pm
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to meet other new students while looking out over the field at Bryant Denny Stadium! All out-of-state, international, and transfer students are welcome to join us in The Zone for free food, fun, and a few words of encouragement from our guest speaker. Come out and meet the students from the 49, UA’s very own out of state student organization, as well as representatives from the Association of Residential Communities, the International Student Association, and helpful university programs.
Bus Route: Blue, Crimson, Green</p>

<p>^^^ Thanks. </p>

<p>I love the Fri-Sat-Sun Mandatory Residential Floor Meeting @ 8:30pm.</p>

<p>That’s a really good idea.</p>

<p>The Supe Store is open those weekends…are you seeing something else?</p>

<p>(move calendar to August)
<a href=“Supe Store Special Hours”>Supe Store Special Hours;

<p>We have been to BAMA on four visits… Every visit the Supe closed at two on Saturday and was closed all day on Sunday ( including Panhellenic Preview Weekend)</p>

<p>One visit, we were determined to buy an Alabama pendant for the hallway of DD’s school, so we delayed our drive home Sunday to wait for the Bryant Museum to open and shopped at the mini Supe there.</p>

<p>Irksome.</p>

<p>Hopefully they are expanding their hours…if so, Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>There are some things ‘missing’ this year from WOW that were good (IMO) last year: ropes course, trip to Huntsville space/rocket center, Black Warrior River event, and some additional open houses & tours. Some of these are replaced by new things of course (trampoline trip to B’ham looks fun). I thought Get On Board Day last year was also held during the day, not the evening. I hope they get good turnouts for everything this year. And, that the weather cooperates.</p>

<p>The Supe Store’s hours during other times of the school year will be different that it is when school is starting. It is open every Sunday in August.</p>