move-in?

<p>How/when are dorm move-in dates announced? I recall seeing a range of dates in mid-August, but do they assign a specific date when room assignments are made?
Also - does anyone have any tips for VT move-in? We've done it before at another college, but each school is different!
Thanks!</p>

<p>I know the first day for freshman move in is August 18, I’m an incoming freshman though so I don’t really know enough to give you too much advice </p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-I400 using CC App</p>

<p>I’d do it on the first day you can. The first couple days during move in are hectic but getting everything done early and having a chance to explore around a bit before classes start is nice.</p>

<p>My main tip is whatever day you decide to go, get there as early in the day as you can. It’ll be a lot easier to park and everything.</p>

<p>Also you might want to head on toward Christiansburg to eat if you don’t want to deal with huge crowds. Blacksburg is swamped during move in. The Christainsburg Walmart is goign to be slammed but that’s walmart so it isn’t usually a big deal. Target isn’t usually as crowded in my experience.</p>