Move-Out Picnic - Friday, May 3rd Who's in?

<p>Hi Everyone
I thought that maybe we should have our own thread for the Move Out Picnic so that it would be easier for people to see.</p>

<p>I think it was decided that 12 to 2pm on Friday, May 3rd on the lawn in front of RCS.</p>

<p>So looking forward to another CC gathering. Who else is coming??
Might even try to get my D to make an appearance if she does not have a final.</p>

<p>Should we try to order food once everyone is there or should everyone just bring their own lunch?</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>I would love to but I don’t think we’ll get to Tuscaloosa by then :-(. I’m sure we’ll be eating BBQ that night though :-)</p>

<p>I will be there. </p>

<p>The theory of ordering food for a group is great but I think it will be easier for everyone to bring their own.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure I’ll be there.</p>

<p>I have reserved a storage unit beginning April 22nd. It is my hope that D has the majority of her stuff moved into the unit well before I arrive on May 1st.</p>

<p>Count me in! DS has 2 finals on Friday so I’ll be there. Hotel Friday night is in Homewood- closer to airport for Saturday flight out.</p>

<p>I’m graduating that evening and so while I’ll probably be busy preparing for that, y’all are meeting just across the street from my dorm…</p>

<p>SEA_tide, we will buy you lunch. Come over! We might even let you have a sip of bamagirls’s moonshine…</p>

<p>^^ Moonshine! LOL </p>

<p>SeaTide! Come on by and say hi…so many of us would love to meet/see you. You had many wise words for my D when we started our journey to UA.</p>

<p>Juliemalm, where did you rent the unit? I called one place and they said that my son had to come down. He has no time and I would love to do it myself from new York. Please let me know. Thanks!</p>

<p>SEA_tide - there is graduation Friday night? Is that the business school?</p>

<p>BamamomfromNY - we rented from All American and were able to secure a place by calling. You will need to fill out paperwork when you get there, though.</p>

<p>Yep, that’s who we use, too. All American. Rented the unit by phone, put the deposit down, and filled out paperwork when came back from Spring Break. Unit is empty but lock is on the door and ready to be filled up on Friday night!</p>

<p>Classmom2012: THANK YOU! I just reserved a 5 x10 unit from home. So glad that’s done. I will be on campus and hope to stop by and meet all of you. Thanks again!</p>

<p>The Colleges of Business and Engineering graduate at 6:00 PM on Friday, May 3rd.</p>

<p>Really? Some kids graduate on Friday night? Wonder how that will shape up for getting hotel rooms for graduation next year.</p>

<p>Sea_Tide- Congratulations! Is graduate school in your future or will you be joining the working world?</p>

<p>The picnic idea sounds neat. My wife really wanted to help the kid move out, but I cant get off work. He will have to man-up and handle it himself. Y’all have fun and I hope the weather is great!</p>

<p>Good to know, Sea_tide, as we will be doing that in a couple of years. Congrats to you!</p>

<p>Still trying to determine when S will have his last exam (could be a final project).</p>

<p>Can a Blountie’s mom join in? My daughter has 2 finals on Friday so I was planning on spending the day packing and moving stuff to storage by myself. A mid-day break to walk over and say “hi” would be welcome.</p>

<p>Only one week moms and dads. The many of our darlings will be home for the summer, leaving their dirty clothes strewn throughout our homes, their dishes on the counter, eating all of the leftovers and waking us up at all hours as they come and go.</p>

<p>I should be able to stop by (depending on how things are going in the dorm). TX12DanceMom - would love to chat with you about Blount. My D14 is very interested.</p>