Move-Out Picnic - Friday, May 3rd Who's in?

<p>We may need a back up location in case of rain. The Ferg probably makes the most sense.</p>

<p>I plan to be there too. Can I just pay for parking in the structure near the Ferg?</p>

<p>^^^That’s my plan for parking.</p>

<p>Wish we could be there. Our flight lands at 11:30 or so. We’re picking up the rental car and heading to T-Town. We plan to attend the Phi Beta Kappa ceremony at 1:30 p.m. (our son will be inducted). Then, we’ll help him pack and do some cleaning, as he moves out and graduates Saturday.</p>

<p>Wish I could be there as well, but Friday afternoon doesn’t work, sorry. If anyone is in town earlier that week send me a pm or post an alternative, perhaps we could meet for coffee or a “grown-up” beverage. :)</p>

<p>If you picnic, bring plenty of bug spray. I had to visit a health clinic due to bites and an allergic reaction last year. Yuck!!</p>

<p>I so wish we could make it, but we will still be en route at lunchtime on Friday. We could potentially be available that evening for a “grown-up” beverage though! If ya’ll decide to meet up somewhere later friday evening, please let us know.</p>

<p>I am also seeing rain in the forecast for Friday in T-Town at this point… :frowning: Should make the move-out that much more pleasurable…</p>

<p>robotbldmom, I’ll be there sometime on Thursday but hate to make plans until I actually get there, see what there is to do and how much we get done. I’d love to meet to you for a drink though. I know our storage place closes at 9, so maybe even late night for alcohol or coffee. </p>

<p>Have to play Friday night by ear, too. I remember making plans and trying to see a certain CC mom during two days of move in. Finally worked but I learned better to get done what you need to get done and then see if there’s time to meet up afterwards. Sometimes I’m too social - I know that’s really hard to believe…</p>

<p>Drinks sound great, let’s stay in touch! Yep, sometimes the best of plans do not work out once you arrive on campus. :)</p>

<p>we will be getting in on wednesday night. leaving friday around lunch. not sure if we will be able to meet up or not.</p>

<p>I am planning on being there w/ my D for at least a little while. Hoping that everything goes as planned and that we are done by then…
Really looking forward to meeting so many of you!</p>

<p>If we do drinks Thursday night, where do to all want to meet up? I’m feeling a little more optimistic about making some Thursday night plans now.</p>

<p>I’ll miss getting the chance to meet everyone! But 24 hours from now DD and I should be finished with cleaning and loading everything into the car! We’ll head to Northport for lunch at City Cafe and then hit the road for home. I hope everyone’s student has a great end to the semester and safe travels home!</p>

<p>Missread, you can bring her home Tuesday and come back to drink with us Thursday. Don’t forget the vanilla vodka!</p>

<p>Well 2012, S has his spring band concert that so I’ll be helping with band picnic prep. Otherwise the drive back would definitely be on my schedule! I got your message and the Krispy Kreme delivery will be taken care of!</p>

<p>Thursday night could work, I think there are lots of places on the strip but they could be too lively. We could probably meet in the Hotel Capstone bar for a beverage. Some CC parents met there before and it was conducive to having a conversation. We should wear name tags with CC/real names (lol).</p>

<p>DH and I can now make picnic for sure. Yay! </p>

<p>I will be wearing my ‘I (heart)2012Mom’ hat. </p>

<p>I will bring extra water. ;)</p>