Move Out?

<p>When is official move out deadline? If student has a final on Fri, May 6 do they have until Sat. to leave? Looked at the UA site but couldn’t find a definitive answer.</p>

<p>Yes, students do have until that Saturday to move out. Make sure your student schedules his final walk through with the R.A. for that morning.</p>

<p>Thanks -
basically all hotels are booked near UA right now - just an FYI for the rest of you!</p>

<p>Thanks AL34. D has her last final on that Friday and D2 has her AP Euro test on Friday afternoon (done at 4) so I was thinking of telling D1 that she’d just have to chill at her dorm and move out Saturday morning. I’m thinking 10am was the deadline for Winter break so I was assuming she’d have to be out by 10am on Saturday May 7th.</p>

<p>OK - dumb rhetorical question - but if it’s just me driving down and I can’t find anything reasonably close to campus, why wouldn’t I just stay in DSs room with him the one night? Comfort aside (he would get the memory foam on the floor) why wouldn’t I do this?</p>

<p>i guess if there are no hotel rooms to be had, you would! looks like i would, too!!! haha</p>

<p>hadn’t thought about getting a room for move out yet … duh!!</p>

<p>I ran into same problem last year.</p>

<p>The problem is Graduation is on the 7th and there are many events scheduled on the 6th as well.</p>

<p>If your child will let you I think its a good plan, they can take their time to pack etc.</p>

<p>Since we were the last to leave there was MUCH to do and clean. I would bring a few Mr Clean Magic Erase Sponges they really worked in bathroom scuff marks on walls.</p>

<p>If all the other suitemates are gone their doors will be locked as the RA has inspected them and locked the door.</p>

<p>just thought of it now since I’m down here. Since I’m driving (10 hrs-ish) I’m sure there are many options an hour out - just brainstorming! I suggest you check soon :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up, AL! It will be hear before you know it!</p>

<p>I booked a room for Parents Weekend an hour away, but I totally forgot about Spring Move Out! Yikes!</p>

<p>Now aren’t we glad that T-town voted to sell alcohol on Sundays! :slight_smile: More hotels will go it.</p>

<p>For those who can’t get hotels nearby, if you just need one on Friday night, then finding one outside of T-town and then driving in on Saturday morn is a solution.</p>

<p>Tell your kids to contact their RAs very soon about their move out time needs. One year, my older son had some RA who booked her flight home early Saturday so she req’d all of her students to move out on Friday…it was a problem since our son had a final on Friday late afternoon/early eve.</p>

<p>when is parents weekend</p>

<p>You may consider doing something we did a year ago, and will do again this year. Go down early. I go down to the campus about two weeks early. My son and I pack about 80 percent of his belongings and put them into his storage unit. He will have enough clothing and such for the last few weeks on campus. Then, he packs the rest of his stuff and has his suite mate drive him over to the storage place during exam week. Then, he flies home with one suitcase and a laptop.</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Parent Programs](<a href=“Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs”>Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs)</p>

<p>Parents Weekend/Family Weekend</p>

<p>Thanks for that suggestion momreads. Since Easter falls on April 24th, D won’t be coming home for that but I think that the family may drive down to campus (how else will the Easter Bunny bring her basket :wink: ? We can probably deal with a bunch of the move out stuff then, making May 6th much easier…</p>

<p>RobD: Perhaps your Easter Bunny will run into my Easter Bunny at that time. Hope all those ears can fit in the elevator.</p>