MPE and Engineering

<p>I took the MPE this evening for the first time (of three) and did poorly. I plan on brushing up on my skills, but in a worse case scenario that I don't get the scores to qualify, how much of an impact will this have on getting my degree (Computer Engineering)? From what I understand, I'll be placed in Math 150 but this also means I won't be able to take Eng 111 or Phys 218. </p>

<p>Is that accurate? If so, will me taking these courses one semester late delay my graduation?</p>

<p>It might delay it one semester. There’s a self-paced NOW prep course for summer through TAMU that costs $150. You could take that and probably improve your score. You can take the test 3 times.</p>

<p>Just study a lot. Take the practice test until you know how to do each problem without any aid. I studied the during spring break and I passed. it’s pretty easy if you learn the techniques needed to complete the practice test effectively.
Good luck!</p>

<p>That’s what my D is doing. Also click your “results” link. It will give you a page of questions similar to those you missed, and each question will have a corresponding lining. Look at all of it.</p>

<p>It is written that we cannot use calculators in MPE. My question is that how would they know if we are using calculators or not? Is this test monitored by webcam?</p>

<p>TAMU has an honor code. why would you break it before you even got there ? if you cannot complete the test without a calculator you will not do well in calculus 1 anyway .</p>

<p>Yes, Cromette is correct: Get used to doing math tests without calculators because most courses required in all the Engineering degree plans will not allow use of calculators on quizzes and tests. Then, there’s the time factor too; in-class tests & quizzes are timed, so no time for using the calculator. Practice doing their samples without calculator so that you are able to do the tests without it.</p>

<p>Yeah exactly. Sometimes calculators waste more time than save it.</p>