MSE questions / chances

<p>Hi i was wondering whether anyone could tell me a little more about what the MSE major would include. I found a lot of info at vt.edu and looked at the course lists for the major but i was mainly wondering what your main classes would focus on and what types of careers a grad would typically look for. </p>

<p>And could anyone give me a guess as to what my chances of getting into the college of engineering-
stats are:
3.5 GPA UW (very hard course selection, closer to 3.9 W)
SAT: 770 M 650 V
Decent ECs, good essay & recs</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>The best advice I can give you is to come to the Open House when we have it. Not sure on the date yet but I'll let you know when I do find out. If you have any specific questions I can answer them but just in general I wouldn't even know where to start. I absolutely love MSE for a lot of reasons, including but not limited to the classwork.</p>

<p>Ok thanks a lot.. could you take a guess at my chances of getting into engineering? And 1 more question- How intense is the chemistry workload, like it is close to ChemE major or is it closer towards some other type of engineering in the types of courses you take. Thanks again</p>

<p>You've got pretty similar stats to me and I got in OOS. I wouldn't say you're a lock to get in but I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't. The pure chemistry workload isn't that intense, just two semesters of basic Chem, although a lot of stuff that you learn in your MSE classes is chemistry related.</p>

<p>ok thanks a lot i was thinking pretty much the same thing</p>