Mskcc hopp 2021

@acollegejunkie @BMCStemStudent1 Thanks so much for the info!! Sure dispels the NYC myth haha. Good luck on your interviews!!

@PiOhMy : Did you get any email at all? Nothing here.

1 Like

@privatems Nothing here either :cry:

Iā€™m a high school senior.

1 Like

If I didnā€™t get an email yet, does that mean I have no chance of getting in?

Iā€™m not sure, sorry!

Received a rejection. Senior with research experience from Upstate NY.

@BMCStemStudent1 and @acollegejunkie Congrats! Since youā€™re seniors, would you mind sharing which colleges you are going to?

1 Like

I will be attending Bryn Mawr College and be majoring in neuroscience with a minor in peace, conflict, and social justice studies on the pre-med track. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amazing, congrats!

Rejected, 11th grader from LI

I also got a rejection letter today. Good luck to all of you who got interviews!!

@BMCStemStudent1 @acollegejunkie Did you all have prior research experience in cancer/medicine and/or win science fair awards?

I have no prior research experience in any field nor science fair awards! Iā€™m a part of the New York Academy of Sciences Junior Academy, but other than that, Iā€™m a pretty average high school senior :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s awesome! Congrats again! Maybe it was your essays that stood out

1 Like

im also pretty average, no prior research experience or big awards (except the scholastic arts and writing award), I suspect my recommendations were good tho

1 Like

For those of you who got the interview 7% email, did anyone reach out to you about scheduling an interview or call? Iā€™ve got nothing yet so Iā€™m pretty nervous lol because that might mean automatic rejection or something

I havenā€™t received any emails regarding an interview :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t gotten anything back yet except an email asking if I preferred to attend hopp virtually, in person, or both.

When did you receive that? i havenā€™t received anything of the sort TT so maybe thatā€™s a rejection :frowning:

But congrats to you!!!