Mskcc hopp 2021

I received this as well, a few days before the 7% email notifying me that I had made it to the third round.

Just received an acceptance notification!

1 Like

Just was accepted! Will be choosing between Rockefeller and HOPP, so if anyone has any thoughts, I would love to hear them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What were your stats if you are willing to share?

@BMCStemStudent1 @Heyitswasilly

Hi Shadow! Here are my statistics:
3.9 GPA (unweighted)/4.2 (weighted), T/O. HS does not offer AP/IB/Dual Enrollment/Honors Classes. 21 college credits from classes taken outside of school.

ECs - Immigration Non Profit Work, Quizbowl, Science Olympiad, Griptape, NSLI-Y Mandarin, Local Youth Philanthropy Board, Local Youth Planning Board, New York Academy of Sciences Junior Academy, Internship at Local Education Non Profit

3 Likes

Hi shadow!
I have a 3.9 gpa (unweighted) and 4.4 (weighted). Currently in IB taking all 7 IB courses.

EC - Started a filmmaking nonprofit called the outspoken narrative, currently on the board of a student run nonprofit zenerations, volunteer locally, and am currently based in Virginia.

1 Like

Oh wow! You are going to commute from Virginia?

Students were able to respond if theyā€™d prefer to participate virtually or in-person I believe.

I am probably going to find a place to stay in new york!

I got my acceptance email today as well.
Also, what labs did you all get into? I got into the Lab of Julio Garcia-Aguilar, MD, PhD, Iā€™m not sure what this means, if anyone knows please let me know!

3 Likes

I got into the lab of David B. Solit, MD. I believe this means that that this is who will be mentoring us through our research, and our research will probably be focused around the topic they are researching, but Iā€™m not entirely sure.

3 Likes

Ohh ok, thanks

Did anyone with lots of research experience get in?

I had like 300 hours and didnā€™t get in lol. current senior

Hi ,
Any suggestion where to find a temporary house near MSKCC ?Thanks!

I think there might be some movement on the waitlist

Hey did you get into the program? I am looking for housing near the area! I would love to connect

Has anyone else admitted received any recent information. Is there a groupchat for kids doing it? I filled out the signup form on their website but havenā€™t received anything recently

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a groupchat yet, but if you make one, let me know :slight_smile: