Mskcc hopp 2022

Nope, still nothing

Will they do interviews with the remaining applicants?

yes, the email said the lab head will contact for interviews

Congratulations ! Are you based out of New york area ? I am not from NY so was wondering whether that is a criteria .

Yes, we are in NY area.

I am not in NY . May be that has some impact.

Hi @milliecent Congrats to your son. If possible, please share some basic information about his backgrounds. My son is a sophomore too. He has been outright rejected. I am really curious about the actual qualifications a candidate should possess for their considerations. Good luck for the next round.

Has anyone received any communication from the program

My daughter hasnā€™t heard anything

Has anyone contacted the program recently, like within the past few days.

I emailed them about a week and a half ago and they said results should have been out by March 19, but here we are.

At this point idk what is going to happen.

1 Like

In their brochure, now it says acceptance notification begin on Mar 31st.

lol, well now we know I guess

Thanks for updating :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. This was so useful because I hadnā€™t heard back and now Iā€™m glad to see I should hear back soon. For anyone else who hasnā€™t heard back yet, are you also really nervous? Iā€™ve never applied to this programme before and I donā€™t know anyone who has

Through out the thread, only one person has gotten a response and they were from New York.

Overall, I would say that everyone here, even veteran applicants, are nervous because of how much this means with to us.

I too am thankful to have this community and threads as a resource for consoling and relaying information about various programs

Iā€™m happy that everyone helps each other out with information about programs.

He is very strong academically in terms of GPA (all As I think), PSAT (14**?). Some extracurriculars within school, but nothing outstanding. His school has a strong 3 year science research program (selective 20-30 students in 10-12th) which requires lots of work. He has started doing some research with his mentor. He is very passionate about that (read quite some research papers for literature review etc.). I think that might play a role. I was not very involved with his application. Per his dad (who is quite a critic coming to his son), he wrote a good response to the question in the application because it is related to his research project about genes. Maybe he is just lucky.

2 Likes

Thank you for your responses. Iā€™m happy to hear at least one bright candidate in this forum is being further considered for this summer program. Otherwise, I thought this HOPP SSP might have been a scam.

Best luck to you and your son.

Acceptance notice begins today!!!

Although a few people have already received results, most people have not heard anything from HOPP

Good luck to every one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Nope nothing

Although Simons SSRP results came out todayā€¦which was kinda depressing ngl

But I am trying to be positive and optimistic

Hopefully HOPP results will come out by this weekend

Hi welcome to the thread